View Poll Results: Do You Listen To Music on Your Playbook?

Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - As a stand alone music player

69 29.49%
  • Yes - While multi-tasking

120 51.28%
  • No -

45 19.23%
    This is a discussion on listening to music on your Playbook, and whether you use it as a stand alone music player, or do you listen, say while surfing the web or performing other tasks with the PB.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-14-11 at 03:37 PM.
    jafobabe and menaknow like this.
    12-14-11 03:33 PM
    Half of the available storage on my 32gb is mp3. PB music app is quite lacking ability to organize music files. With a little tweaking on a PC it's tolerable.

Love the slacker radio app. When I'm working on a computer, PB is usually playing music next to it.
    Zirak likes this.
    12-14-11 03:43 PM
    Rarely. I use my BB phone as my music player.
    12-14-11 03:45 PM
    I use it quite often to listen to Slacker and Sirius. Most times at work but even at home it's easier to open the app and plug into the home theater then it would be to turn on the PC. I couldn't have been happier when we got the update that allowed bridge access to the apps.
    I have a few GB's of music loaded on the PB but I like the variety. So I guess I use it as a standalone more often then while multi-tasking.
    12-14-11 03:46 PM
    Very frequently. I have mp3's AND i listen to slacker (premium subscriber). The speakers are loud enough to enjoy the music while it is mounted on the rapid charger.

I recommend the holiday hits channel for this time of year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-11 03:55 PM
    i say i pretty much use the pb to listen to music, browse the web and for fantasy football apps.

I use music on it the most and almost all day.

It has replaced my phone and ipod as a music player.

I don't even feel bad taking it when i go work out because it's so small and portable!
    12-14-11 04:07 PM
    Very seldom.
    12-14-11 04:11 PM
    I use it while multi-tasking AND as a standalone music player. Fits great on my treadclimber while I work out too. Guess I'll pick one since I can't pick both...
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    12-14-11 04:37 PM
    Umm, sometimes. If I listen an hour a month both as background and stand-alone do I select yes?
    12-14-11 04:50 PM
    I also use it as a standalone and while multi-tasking, so maybe we should have had a choice for both!
    12-14-11 05:09 PM
    I use it while multi-tasking AND as a standalone music player. Fits great on my treadclimber while I work out too. Guess I'll pick one since I can't pick both...
    Umm, sometimes. If I listen an hour a month both as background and stand-alone do I select yes?
    I also use it as a standalone and while multi-tasking, so maybe we should have had a choice for both!
    Then that would be while multi-tasking.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-14-11 05:14 PM
    This is a discussion on listening to music on your Playbook, and whether you use it as a stand alone music player, or do you listen, say while surfing the web or performing other tasks with the PB.
    Rarely. I use my BB phone as my music player.
    Same here.
    12-14-11 05:15 PM
    Both, I listen to music while multitasking and/or as a stand alone, The speakers are ok but with A2DP it would allow me to increase the PlayBook capabilities
    12-14-11 06:02 PM
    My Playbook can play music?

Just kidding. Of course I listen to music on my PB. For me it's too temping not to multitask while listening. One quick swipe across the bezel and I'm already doing it.

I have some mp3s loaded on it, but I also have music in the Amazon cloud player. Recently I have been accessing Pandora on the web to hear my stations. Also I have used tunein radio but they don't have the same stations that iheartradio does, the ones I like.
    12-14-11 06:35 PM
    12-14-11 06:41 PM
    I do listen to music on my PB. I only have one album on it, but I stream via Pandora a lot.
    12-14-11 06:45 PM
    Sometimes when I'm in the mood, I do listen to music when multitasking. That is, if I don't have the scissors in my hands! LOL
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-14-11 06:46 PM
    I listen to music stations through the browser. works very well actually
    12-14-11 06:57 PM
    Not currently. When and if it ever supports Flac, (I don't do mp3) like my 9930 does, along with a decent player, I will. Another great potential for the PB.
    12-14-11 07:02 PM
    My 5 yr. old son is always listening to the music I have on my Playbook. He loves it!!
    12-14-11 07:03 PM
    Works well on trains, planes and automobiles....also in hotel rooms. I travel a lot
    jafobabe and bquinney like this.
    12-14-11 07:10 PM
    Then that would be while multi-tasking.
    So listening to music on my pb & drinking a glass of wine is multi-tasking? Lol!
    jafobabe and axllebeer like this.
    12-14-11 07:17 PM
    My Playbook beats my iPad at music!
    12-14-11 07:19 PM
    My iPhone doesn't play Flash audio. Some shedcasts * are Flash streaming audio. I use the PB so I can listen without being tied down with a netbook or larger.

For Slacker, the iPhone fits in the pocket easier and seems to have just slightly better sound quality on good headphones. Don't panic, the difference is tiny.

*e.g. Mark Coles Music
    12-14-11 07:19 PM
    Works well on trains, planes and automobiles....also in hotel rooms. I travel a lot
    Isn't there a movie by that name?? LOL
    12-14-11 07:23 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD