View Poll Results: Do you feel like a chump for paying full price for your PB?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

46 33.58%
  • No.

91 66.42%
    While many of you purchased a Playbook when RIM lowered it down to $199 for the 16GB
    I was one of the many that paid $499.00 for the same thing they sell now for $199 or even less!

Sometimes I feel like a chump for doing so.

How about you?

Tim
    07-13-12 10:00 PM
    I didnt pay full price when I purchased my playbook... but I did pay more of what they are currently selling for...

Maybe I paid a couple of extra $$ back then.. but for the use i've been giving my playbook... it surely has been worth every penny.
    07-13-12 10:12 PM
    Nope. I bought my 64 GB for $700 and have used it all day everyday since April of 2011. If I felt like a "chump" I'd sell it and move on.
    07-13-12 10:13 PM
    Because I won a PlayBook in a CrackBerry contest and didn't pay full price. I imagine it's the same feeling when you buy a new car and drive it off the lot
    Cracklen and Blacklatino like this.
    07-13-12 10:17 PM
    I might feel like a chump if I had bought a PlayBook for full price then sold it for less than I paid and not got to use it everyday since I bought it. However, I do sometimes feel like a chump for reading and responding to these tired old threads.
    07-13-12 10:34 PM
    Wake me up when this is over...zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Stewartj1 and louzer like this.
    07-13-12 10:41 PM
    You shouldn't feel like a chump. You didn't know any better.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-13-12 11:24 PM
    I think at the time if I would have bought one for the original price I would not be upset this tablet is very nice its got the best speakers I have ever heard on any tablet the screen looks nice love the size can't ever see using a 10 in tab again everyone I pick up the transformer I just think to my self jeeze this is huge and very uncomfortable to hold plus the playbook is so smooth if just can't get over it have not had it allows down at all. I just can't believe that more people did not give this tablet a chance they just think it's blackberry so it's no good.... I just feel like slapping them lol... So why is it ipad better? There response because it's an ipad that's all they have thatalways seems to be the response or its apple some people are ********
    07-13-12 11:40 PM
    I paid $499 for the 16 GB one I got, a few weeks after it was released. I don't feel like a chump as I essential paid the early adopter's price for a piece of technology.
    doxa sub750T likes this.
    07-13-12 11:53 PM
    If you divide the time spent with the PB before the price drop, the difference is nominal. Plus, I talked my boss into buying it for me to "test and evaluate"...
    bungaboy and mikec48 like this.
    07-14-12 12:48 AM
    Really? We're not over this yet?
    My Playbook has paid for itself so many times over by making my life more efficient, who cares.

I'd only feel like a chump if I told everyone I felt like one.

Hey everyone! I'm a chump!! What a chump.
    Last edited by PheonixSun; 07-14-12 at 01:49 AM.
    07-14-12 01:47 AM
    lol, nice and to the point, I like it, and I voted yes lol
    07-14-12 01:53 AM
    Heck No...
    07-14-12 08:53 AM
    I bought a 64GB back in July and no I do not feel like a chump. I have never expected technology to keep its price. I have used the Playbook everyday and for my purposes it has done quite well.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-14-12 09:02 AM
    Nope I don't and I paid $100 off retail. It has been doing most all I bought it for and gets used much more than any other computer device I own. If I would've waited for current pricing I wouldn't have had the joy of it for the months I did.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-14-12 09:13 AM
    I bought a 16G for $200, then replaced it with a 64G for $300 and gave the 16G to my brother, so in effect I paid the equivalent of a full price 16G at initial release. And I do not feel like a chump.
    07-14-12 09:25 AM
    I bought first day. 312 on the recharge count proves its been very useful to me. Not to mention the money saved on tethering fees.

OP- End your misery and buy something that fits your needs.
    bungaboy and Toodeurep like this.
    07-14-12 09:25 AM
    I paid 169 shipped two weeks ago from buy.com's firesale of their remaining inventory of the 16gb version. I also picked up my pre-ordered Google Nexus 7 yesterday, and I have to say the Playbook will be used equally as much as the Nexus 7, for they each will have distinct uses for me. For consuming media content, the Nexus 7 is what I will almost always reach for. For productivity and creativity uses, the Playbook will almost always be used. Now doubt, the Playbook build quality is far superior...and the hdmi out, rear camera/camcorder, front facing speakers, and the ability to view full websites is a huge plus.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-14-12 09:42 AM
    chump
    Noun:
    1.A foolish person.
    2.An easily deceived person; a sucker.
    I don't consider myself a foolish person (there are many who might disagree). I do own BB/PB, IOS and Android devices. So I guess #1 is emiminated.

Well I wasn't deceived or sucked in when I bought my 64GB over a year ago so that eliminates #2.

People have to take responsibility for their actions.

All experiences are good . . . . . some are better.
    07-14-12 10:10 AM
    While many of you purchased a Playbook when RIM lowered it down to $199 for the 16GB
    I was one of the many that paid $499.00 for the same thing they sell now for $199 or even less!

Sometimes I feel like a chump for doing so.

How about you?

Tim
    Tim, you must have been content and actually happy when you bought the device. Or did someone force you to buy it at full price?

I bought a new car at the end of March and I negotiated a really good deal as i did my research, shopped around and bought Car Cost Canada reports to ensure I was getting it at the lowest price.

6 weeks later the manufactuer dropped the price by $1,600 ($1,840 after taxes). I certainly would have liked to have that additional discount but when I bought this discount wasn't available.

So if you can't be with the one you love . . . . . love the one you're with.
    07-14-12 10:19 AM
    Nope, because when I bought mine last June, you couldn't have predicted the slash in the price on the PlayBook. Did it irk me that a friend of mine bought his 64GB one a couple of months after I bought my 32GB for less than what I paid for 32GB? Yes, as it made me wish I would have waited a little bit longer to buy mine and the money I saved could have been spent on accessories and apps. Do I feel like a chump? No.
    07-14-12 11:21 AM
    early birds are rich and free beta-tester for companies.

I only can afford later worms...

Damian
    07-14-12 11:33 AM
    I snapped mine up at the lowest UK price so far.

Since day 1 of my PB I've said I wish I had gotten one way back last year after launch.

No one knew they'd drop this much in price. Knowing this now, who will be buying a PB 4G on launch day / week ?
    07-14-12 11:45 AM
    I feel like a chump sometimes for paying full price and being an early adopter. People who bought the PlayBook later at the reduced prices, bought a better device (in terms of software) than the one that was released in April 2011. All in all I still love my PlayBook but, never again will I be an early adopter.
    07-14-12 11:48 AM
    I bought my pb at the higher rate and don't regret buying it at all. I was happy with the price i paid at the time. I wouldn't have bought it if i didn't like the price. I'd feel more of a chump if i'd have been a sheep and bought an ipad (shudder)

Claire
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-14-12 11:50 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD