02-09-11 03:48 PM
    omg. i actually said omg, because that's how excited i am. i cant wait i hope that's true, i wanted 449 but...
    02-09-11 03:52 PM
    Week 17 (end of march) is a bit disheartening, but who knows if RIM may stagger its launch at different retailers.
    02-09-11 03:53 PM
    Week 17 (end of march) is a bit disheartening, but who knows if RIM may stagger its launch at different retailers.
    i think office depot will be getting it late
    02-09-11 03:54 PM
    Week 17 seems to be late April. Either way, it's disappointing. Hoping for mid March.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 05:38 PM
    Week 17 seems to be late April. Either way, it's disappointing. Hoping for mid March.

i'm thinking they're getting it later than everyone else.
    02-09-11 05:41 PM
    Here's to hoping.

02-09-11 05:53 PM
    Wow, just wow. That is great and ipad price matching.
    02-09-11 05:59 PM
    Ill pass, thats way too much........
    02-09-11 06:47 PM
    No no guys that price is awesome , and Balsillie said "starting at under $500" (which we all knew meant $499).

However Balsillie also said "Q1 release". Unless Office Depot is just late to get it, this is a fail in terms of release date.

I'm thinking for SURE the 64gb version will be $699? Or is that wishful thinking?

02-09-11 06:52 PM
    What can you get that's comparable for less?

02-09-11 06:56 PM
    What can you get that's comparable for less?

Prolly keep my eye on the Archos line. Or just run tether with my Dell Mini.
    02-09-11 07:02 PM
    Are you guys sure "Week 17" is not just for Office Deport? Other outlets might get it earlier than that.
    02-09-11 07:02 PM
    Are you guys sure "Week 17" is not just for Office Deport? Other outlets might get it earlier than that.
    Hopefully they are getting it late.

After all, there are so many stores and retail outlets in this country they all can't be getting them at the same time.

02-09-11 07:13 PM
    For a dual core, dual camera, 1 gig ram powerhouse that has shown on video, unlike hp, that is can handle true multi tasking games, 3d etc and not slow down? Ok, that price is killer though.
    02-09-11 07:14 PM
    Hopefully they are getting it late.

After all, there are so many stores and retail outlets in this country they all can't be getting them at the same time.

Of course, they all can't get it at the same time, however there is a good chance other outlets on the roster to sell the product may be keeping hush hush about selling the PB earlier than Office Depot. I think there was another one Best-Buy (if my memory serves e right) they have not said anything about when their stores will have the PlayBook. I just hope it's mid March not late or sometime in April.
    02-09-11 07:19 PM
    Yes just like the Staples leak this does not confirm any date thats really relevant, unless you only shop at Office Depot for your electronics. It only says "in store" not "in all stores". It's good to see this stuff happening rapidly though, I wager we'll here some others and then finally have announced Best Buy and Radio Shack as the first to have it.
    Last edited by aawilson; 02-09-11 at 07:21 PM.
    02-09-11 07:19 PM
    Radio Shack? Really? Best Buy I can see, but I can't fathom Radio Shack for some reason.

02-09-11 07:53 PM
    Radio Shack? Really? Best Buy I can see, but I can't fathom Radio Shack for some reason.

You forgot to call them by the much more attractive name, "the shack"

02-09-11 08:02 PM
    They actually have the Tab and around here all The Shack retail employees are all huge BB fans. Just my initial reaction. They could be more dead than I think in other places I guess.
    Last edited by aawilson; 02-10-11 at 12:50 AM.
    02-10-11 12:48 AM
    Of course, they all can't get it at the same time, however there is a good chance other outlets on the roster to sell the product may be keeping hush hush about selling the PB earlier than Office Depot. I think there was another one Best-Buy (if my memory serves e right) they have not said anything about when their stores will have the PlayBook. I just hope it's mid March not late or sometime in April.
    Others have suggested Office Depot is generally late to the game, I wouldn't consider them anyway because here they are higher than Best Buy.

As far as keeping it hush-hush... Well, I must say, I think you guys are letting rim's awkward way of doing business infect your brains. The notion of not advertising and not dealing with marketing issues goes so against the current that it is depressing, and I honestly feel it is being "superimposed" with this same RIM filter on other companies- in the case of the Playbook it is a crying shame because it is going to be a great device and the lack of marketing has allowed damaging rumors to take the place of facts.

Why would a company keep it hush hush, outside of contract or legal obligations? Consider this humorous metaphor; "We may be getting product X before anybody else. People are wanting it badly after the hype.... Sssshhh, let's not tell anyone."

02-10-11 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD