Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree3Likes
  1. maciek226's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Do not ever make a security wipe on playbook 2,0 beta

    I did so and only thing that was left was browser and setup app nothing alse.
    If you did so and have the same problem desktop menager can downgreade youre system thinikg it is actioualy upgrading it
  2. Yamcha's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    80 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maciek226 View Post
    I did so and only thing that was left was browser and setup app nothing alse.
    If you did so and have the same problem desktop menager can downgreade youre system thinikg it is actioualy upgrading it
    How?? Can you please tell me, I did the same thing =/..
  3. Cubexican520's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    51 Posts
    PIN
    28000176
    #3  

    Default

    Weird...I did a Security Wipe and what you describe did not happen to me?
    BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.483
    BlackBerry Playbook - 2.0.0.3778
    Pin: 24EC873F
  4. SlcCorrado's Avatar
    BlackBerry

    Posts
    6,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,292 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Same... Did a security wipe and everything was still there
    BB4Life
  5. altrax's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    338 Posts
    PIN
    BALL is Amazing
    #5  

    Default

    I did the security wipe and lost everything but the browser and setup apps (no appworld to get them back either)

    then my DM "upgraded" my 2.0 to 1.0.7 and now I cannot get back to 2.0

    Super annoying. Rim please let me bath in the awesomeness of 2.0 again!
  6. SlcCorrado's Avatar
    BlackBerry

    Posts
    6,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,292 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altrax View Post
    I did the security wipe and lost everything but the browser and setup apps (no appworld to get them back either)

    then my DM "upgraded" my 2.0 to 1.0.7 and now I cannot get back to 2.0

    Super annoying. Rim please let me bath in the awesomeness of 2.0 again!
    Damn.. Kinda the same thing over here. Except I didn't lose anything after the wipe
    BB4Life
  7. M.Rizk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    794 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,094 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E
    #7  

    Default

    Nothing wrong happened here, and yes I wiped my device.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. Yamcha's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    80 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I figured it out, to restore your OS you have to open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and restart your Playbook, and you'll get a pop up to upgrade software.. which should restore to official..
  9. SlcCorrado's Avatar
    BlackBerry

    Posts
    6,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,292 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha View Post
    I figured it out, to restore your OS you have to open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and restart your Playbook, and you'll get a pop up to upgrade software.. which should restore to official..
    Sorry about that... Yup, that's the way to go back to 1.0.7.3312
    BB4Life
  10. Artwerks's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    188 Posts
    PIN
    23A09773
    #10  

    Default

    You might have done the security wipe 24 hours after requesting OS 2.0 upgrade. You might need to ask for a second invitation to the dev beta. Samething for the downgrade, need to wait 24 hours until the upgrade to 2.0 is inactive or it reinstalls 2.0 instead of 1.0.7.
  11. ACFP3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    PIN
    Upon request
    #11  

    Default

    Same thing happend to me. i cant "update" through desktop manager at all! someone please help me!
    BlackBerry Q10, Z10, HTC One M8, Nexus 7, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, ASUS U31SD


    FORZA PALERMO @acolagro
  12. xsacha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,170 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I did security wipe on 2.0 and I got plain 2.0 with all the apps (except mine).
    Just reinstalled my apps via App World.
    Not sure what your problem was.
  13. trsbbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,499 Posts
    PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
    #13  

    Default

    Did a wipe and when the PB rebooted it installed 2.0 via Wifi. No problem at all.

    Using BB DM for upgrades or installs on the PB seem to be less reliable.

    Tim

    Sent from my BlackBerry
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.3.0.1130
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526 and a P.O.S.!
    [B]BlackBerry continues to act anti-American! Another no U.S. launch for the largest dollar making country (BBs own numbers) for them on the planet![B]
  14. TRlPPlN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    399 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    i wish i read this before i wiped..hahahha. now i just have a browser..D@MN IT!!!
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
  15. Vostro15's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    FML I've got the same thing... how can I fix this? I tried doing another security wipe but that didn't give me the apps back! Help!!
  16. dennie82's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    322 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vostro15 View Post
    FML I've got the same thing... how can I fix this? I tried doing another security wipe but that didn't give me the apps back! Help!!
    Connect your Playbook to Desktop Manager and you'll get a prompt to downgrade to 1.07. The problem is you won't be able to upgrade to OS2.0 again any time soon.
  17. andrew.berg's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    The same thing happened to me. I was able to restore 1.0.7 but now I can't get 2.0 loaded back on, despite requesting it again. I guess I'm out of luck until the public release.
  18. AdamzAdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.berg View Post
    The same thing happened to me. I was able to restore 1.0.7 but now I can't get 2.0 loaded back on, despite requesting it again. I guess I'm out of luck until the public release.
    Same here.. Wish I wouldn't have done this. Can't beleive there is no way back to 2.0 beta. Why would it only be a one time download? I'm not a developer, but I can't believe there wouldn't be some developers that need this that had this happen - now they can't get back to test.
  19. Barefoot_Kevin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    320 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Sounds like the best thing to do is wait for the official 2.0
    xtremez likes this.
  20. xmaveric's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #20  

    Unhappy

    I did the security wipe after upgrading to 2.0 beta, now I am stuck with just the browser like many others here. I have tried connecting my playbook to the PC and restarting it, but I never get the message asking me to up/downgrade.

    I do not have a backup of the OS from before the upgrade, is there any way to manually replace at least AppWorld so I can download my apps again?

    Thanks!
  21. mythdraug's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    44 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamzAdam View Post
    Same here.. Wish I wouldn't have done this. Can't beleive there is no way back to 2.0 beta. Why would it only be a one time download? I'm not a developer, but I can't believe there wouldn't be some developers that need this that had this happen - now they can't get back to test.
    It's not a one time download. It's a time restricted download. You have 24 hours from the time you signup to get the beta. If you need to download after those 24 hours are up, sign up again. I'll even give you the link https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/ .

    Now stop whining and do something productive..
  22. AdamzAdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mythdraug View Post
    It's not a one time download. It's a time restricted download. You have 24 hours from the time you signup to get the beta. If you need to download after those 24 hours are up, sign up again. I'll even give you the link https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/ .

    Now stop whining and do something productive..
    I understand what you are saying. I did sign up again several times since yesterday, but the update does not come back. I wouldn't simply post on here if I hadn't tried that first. There seems to be others with the same problem and from what I can tell, others have also tried to request the update. I have tried under DM and on the playbook and still no update. Regardless I have PM'ed a Admin with my PIN on the BB Developers Message board. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
  23. parps's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    22 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamzAdam View Post
    I understand what you are saying. I did sign up again several times since yesterday, but the update does not come back. I wouldn't simply post on here if I hadn't tried that first. There seems to be others with the same problem and from what I can tell, others have also tried to request the update. I have tried under DM and on the playbook and still no update. Regardless I have PM'ed a Admin with my PIN on the BB Developers Message board. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
    Yep, I have the same problem. I did a security wipe after installing 2.0 and now all I have is the Browser and Setup icons. Everything else is gone.... doh!

    Downgrading and signing up again doesn't work.

    mythdraug, please stop spreading misinformation (and being smug about it)
  24. viking67's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altrax View Post
    I did the security wipe and lost everything but the browser and setup apps (no appworld to get them back either)

    then my DM "upgraded" my 2.0 to 1.0.7 and now I cannot get back to 2.0

    Super annoying. Rim please let me bath in the awesomeness of 2.0 again!
    Ditto! I want back in too.
  25. PanaSama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    454 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaveric View Post
    I did the security wipe after upgrading to 2.0 beta, now I am stuck with just the browser like many others here. I have tried connecting my playbook to the PC and restarting it, but I never get the message asking me to up/downgrade.

    I do not have a backup of the OS from before the upgrade, is there any way to manually replace at least AppWorld so I can download my apps again?

    Thanks!
    1.- Turn off your PB, make sure its completly turned off, sometimes it can take a while.
    2.- Open Desktop Manager
    3.- Connect your PB
    4.- DM should tell you that it cannot connect to the device and give you the option to either retry or update.
    5.- Click on update.
    Thanked by 2:
    bazjeepers (10-20-2011),  jesse_h (11-16-2011) 
    bazjeepers likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions