Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Do not ever make a security wipe on playbook 2,0 beta

I did so and only thing that was left was browser and setup app nothing alse.
    If you did so and have the same problem desktop menager can downgreade youre system thinikg it is actioualy upgrading it
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by maciek226 View Post
    I did so and only thing that was left was browser and setup app nothing alse.
    If you did so and have the same problem desktop menager can downgreade youre system thinikg it is actioualy upgrading it
    How?? Can you please tell me, I did the same thing =/..
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Weird...I did a Security Wipe and what you describe did not happen to me?
    BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.483
    BlackBerry Playbook - 2.0.0.3778
    Pin: 24EC873F
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,292 Global Posts

Same... Did a security wipe and everything was still there
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    BALL is Amazing

I did the security wipe and lost everything but the browser and setup apps (no appworld to get them back either)

then my DM "upgraded" my 2.0 to 1.0.7 and now I cannot get back to 2.0

Super annoying. Rim please let me bath in the awesomeness of 2.0 again!
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,292 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by altrax View Post
    I did the security wipe and lost everything but the browser and setup apps (no appworld to get them back either)

Damn.. Kinda the same thing over here. Except I didn't lose anything after the wipe
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,094 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A8F06E

Nothing wrong happened here, and yes I wiped my device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I figured it out, to restore your OS you have to open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and restart your Playbook, and you'll get a pop up to upgrade software.. which should restore to official..
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,292 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha View Post
    I figured it out, to restore your OS you have to open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and restart your Playbook, and you'll get a pop up to upgrade software.. which should restore to official..
    Sorry about that... Yup, that's the way to go back to 1.0.7.3312
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    23A09773

You might have done the security wipe 24 hours after requesting OS 2.0 upgrade. You might need to ask for a second invitation to the dev beta. Samething for the downgrade, need to wait 24 hours until the upgrade to 2.0 is inactive or it reinstalls 2.0 instead of 1.0.7.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    PIN
    Upon request

Same thing happend to me. i cant "update" through desktop manager at all! someone please help me!
    BlackBerry Q10, Z10, HTC One M8, Nexus 7, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, ASUS U31SD

FORZA PALERMO @acolagro
    CrackBerry Genius

I did security wipe on 2.0 and I got plain 2.0 with all the apps (except mine).
    Just reinstalled my apps via App World.
    Not sure what your problem was.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!

Did a wipe and when the PB rebooted it installed 2.0 via Wifi. No problem at all.

Using BB DM for upgrades or installs on the PB seem to be less reliable.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.3.0.1130
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526 and a P.O.S.!
    [B]BlackBerry continues to act anti-American! Another no U.S. launch for the largest dollar making country (BBs own numbers) for them on the planet![B]
    CrackBerry Abuser

i wish i read this before i wiped..hahahha. now i just have a browser..D@MN IT!!!
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry User

FML I've got the same thing... how can I fix this? I tried doing another security wipe but that didn't give me the apps back! Help!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Vostro15 View Post
    FML I've got the same thing... how can I fix this? I tried doing another security wipe but that didn't give me the apps back! Help!!
    Connect your Playbook to Desktop Manager and you'll get a prompt to downgrade to 1.07. The problem is you won't be able to upgrade to OS2.0 again any time soon.
    CrackBerry User

The same thing happened to me. I was able to restore 1.0.7 but now I can't get 2.0 loaded back on, despite requesting it again. I guess I'm out of luck until the public release.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.berg View Post
    The same thing happened to me. I was able to restore 1.0.7 but now I can't get 2.0 loaded back on, despite requesting it again. I guess I'm out of luck until the public release.
    Same here.. Wish I wouldn't have done this. Can't beleive there is no way back to 2.0 beta. Why would it only be a one time download? I'm not a developer, but I can't believe there wouldn't be some developers that need this that had this happen - now they can't get back to test.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sounds like the best thing to do is wait for the official 2.0
    xtremez likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Unhappy

I did the security wipe after upgrading to 2.0 beta, now I am stuck with just the browser like many others here. I have tried connecting my playbook to the PC and restarting it, but I never get the message asking me to up/downgrade.

I do not have a backup of the OS from before the upgrade, is there any way to manually replace at least AppWorld so I can download my apps again?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by AdamzAdam View Post
    Same here.. Wish I wouldn't have done this. Can't beleive there is no way back to 2.0 beta. Why would it only be a one time download? I'm not a developer, but I can't believe there wouldn't be some developers that need this that had this happen - now they can't get back to test.
    It's not a one time download. It's a time restricted download. You have 24 hours from the time you signup to get the beta. If you need to download after those 24 hours are up, sign up again. I'll even give you the link https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/ .

Now stop whining and do something productive..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mythdraug View Post
    It's not a one time download. It's a time restricted download. You have 24 hours from the time you signup to get the beta. If you need to download after those 24 hours are up, sign up again. I'll even give you the link https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/ .

Now stop whining and do something productive..
    I understand what you are saying. I did sign up again several times since yesterday, but the update does not come back. I wouldn't simply post on here if I hadn't tried that first. There seems to be others with the same problem and from what I can tell, others have also tried to request the update. I have tried under DM and on the playbook and still no update. Regardless I have PM'ed a Admin with my PIN on the BB Developers Message board. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by AdamzAdam View Post
    I understand what you are saying. I did sign up again several times since yesterday, but the update does not come back. I wouldn't simply post on here if I hadn't tried that first. There seems to be others with the same problem and from what I can tell, others have also tried to request the update. I have tried under DM and on the playbook and still no update. Regardless I have PM'ed a Admin with my PIN on the BB Developers Message board. Hopefully I will hear something back soon.
    Yep, I have the same problem. I did a security wipe after installing 2.0 and now all I have is the Browser and Setup icons. Everything else is gone.... doh!

Downgrading and signing up again doesn't work.

mythdraug, please stop spreading misinformation (and being smug about it)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by altrax View Post

Ditto! I want back in too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by xmaveric View Post
    I did the security wipe after upgrading to 2.0 beta, now I am stuck with just the browser like many others here. I have tried connecting my playbook to the PC and restarting it, but I never get the message asking me to up/downgrade.

I do not have a backup of the OS from before the upgrade, is there any way to manually replace at least AppWorld so I can download my apps again?

Thanks!
    1.- Turn off your PB, make sure its completly turned off, sometimes it can take a while.
    2.- Open Desktop Manager
    3.- Connect your PB
    4.- DM should tell you that it cannot connect to the device and give you the option to either retry or update.
    5.- Click on update.
    Thanked by 2:
    bazjeepers (10-20-2011),  jesse_h (11-16-2011) 
    bazjeepers likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast