I look at it this way. I don't need everything I have on it. I can transfer back and forth as needed.
    09-12-11 03:31 PM
    For me, 16GB does what I need, BUT I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I had a 32GB. I have 500+ songs, 20 HD videos (music videos - 4min long), 2 HD movies, and then documents and apps. I have about 4GB left on my device but I don't mind this because I switch out a movie when I finish watching it. Not to mention I use the 50GB Box upgrade so documents/textbook PDFs are easily accessible.

I think to be comfortable though, 32GB does the job for a lot of people.
    I concur with this man, I have a 16gb with about 100 songs, I have my blackberry phone and my ipod if I really need music plus with the wonderful flash I can login to Youtube and just run one of my playlists. Now if only the damn Youtube app would let me do that!!

I also got the Box 50gb upgrade highly recommend you check it out, and I use dropbox as well which gives me another 10gb so that brings my 16gb to about 76gb with 60 of it being in the cloud, since I'm always connected it doesn't matter.

Also Box works with bridge .

Essentially, if you have a lot of movies/tv shows/songs and plan on taking buckets of videos without dumping them to a larger hard drive get the larger device otherwise for mundane tasks 16gb is plenty.
    09-12-11 04:02 PM
    Seeing some nice price points on the 16gb units and wondering if I really need to hold out for the 32. Other than music and movies, does the 16 get eaten up pretty quick (by things like pics, video, apps)? Do any of you 16gb owners have regrets and why...please be specific...and
    Many thanks for the help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 05:34 PM
    Depends on how you use the device. I had a 16gb on pre-order, then swapped to a 32gb, and now have a 64gb (after my initial 32gb was stolen). I take a lot of videos with my PB, and so the 1080p video takes up quite a bit of space. If you think you won't really be using the PB to take videos or if you don't have a large library of music/movies/tv shows, then 16gb might be enough. Problem with the PB is that it doesn't have a microSD card slot, and so you are stuck with whatever you got.
    09-12-11 05:49 PM
    My teen daughter neeeeeds 64G. She has lot's of music downloads (that she will never hear.) I need a 32G because I like to make HD movies. If you are saving simple eBooks and office docs then 16g will be more than enough. Plan for the future and you won't be sorry that you bought 'too much capacity'. (Did you some how fill up your two car garage?)
    09-12-11 05:49 PM
    For me, 16GB does what I need, BUT I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I had a 32GB. I have 500+ songs, 20 HD videos (music videos - 4min long), 2 HD movies, and then documents and apps. I have about 4GB left on my device but I don't mind this because I switch out a movie when I finish watching it. Not to mention I use the 50GB Box upgrade so documents/textbook PDFs are easily accessible.

I think to be comfortable though, 32GB does the job for a lot of people.
    09-12-11 05:58 PM
    better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I would get the biggest you can afford.
    09-12-11 07:57 PM
    Really helpful, folks. You've confirmed a few things...it's not the apps that take up the room but the hd videos. Also, thinking towards the future where that extra $100 will seem like a bargain for the extra memory

09-12-11 08:00 PM
    I was planning on getting a 32GB, then when RIM dropped the $100 Mastercard, I felt that was my "free" upgrade to the 64GB. So that is what I ordered. I plan to replace my ipod with the Playbook essentially.
    09-12-11 09:06 PM
    Saw today that buydig.com was selling the 32gb for 519. That is mighty tempting...
    09-12-11 10:06 PM
    Storage is like a condom; I'd rather have one and not need it than need it and not have it. Ok, so that quote is adapted from Aliens vs Predators but I like it nonetheless. The moral of the story - as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much memory - 64 gig all the way.
    09-12-11 10:23 PM
    Storage is like a condom; I'd rather have one and not need it than need it and not have it. Ok, so that quote is adapted from Aliens vs Predators but I like it nonetheless. The moral of the story - as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much memory - 64 gig all the way.
    Does this mean you have a closet full of condoms at your house?
    09-12-11 10:34 PM
    Yes, you do ! Especially you love to read the book and hate to plug-in / out usb all the time to copy and delete ebook or PDF file. For me, I have a lot of document and manual using for my job, 10GB++ so I feel really happy, at that time I decided to get 32GB. Right now I still have 15GB free. How come if I bought 16GB O_o

In the end, it depends on your using style and purpose ;-)
    09-12-11 10:44 PM
    just checked mine, ive used about 20gb, have 700 songs and every decent game worth getting not much for movies though i stream them from my pc via tversity
    09-12-11 11:04 PM
    RE: Do I really need 32gb?

No... you need 64GB...
    togardergrosse likes this.
    09-13-11 09:09 AM
    I have the 16 GB. I transfer files about once a month. Like other posters I have a BB for music and use flash sites for alot of other things. I mostly use storage for apps, videos I take with camera, and pics.

The other side of that is, get as much memory as you can afford. Why not? I am close to my PC daily so a monthly transfer is no big deal, but if you travel or are not by a PC often then get the 64GB and never look back!
    09-13-11 10:34 AM
    I guess the real question is: Do you even need a tablet?
    09-13-11 12:12 PM
    When it comes to memory in any device I usually use the same motto: if you have you will use it. It you don't, you'll find ways to be effecient.

09-13-11 01:04 PM
    if anything just get the 16gb and download the Box app for 50gb free storage. so you get 66gb of storage for the price of a 16gb playbook.
    09-13-11 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD