Hello all, Just sold my iPad 2 and got a playbook, loving it by the way, despite poor reviews. My question is would I benefit by getting a BB phone as well, I currently have an arc s, but I am within my 7 days, so still have the option to change. Many thanks :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 05:16 PM
    If you find yourself wanting/needing internet access when you are not in wifi range, the BB phone would get you over that hump via the bridge app. Its not the same as tethering, and its free. Your carrier doesnt need to know you are using it. I have to be careful when I say things like that, I still have an old "unlimited" data plan from Verizon. If you are data limited and use your playbook to download movies, share a lot of mp3s and such, you may exceed your limit. For checking emails, sending pictures, gps directions, you should be well within your limits.
    The answer is no. But if you want more from your Playbook, yes.
    AggreX and kbz1960 like this.
    11-15-11 05:25 PM
    Yes, you would benefit greatly from it using the Blackberry bridge function.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    11-15-11 05:25 PM
    It's a much better combo than an individual device. Get an OS7 Bold or Torch and you'll love it.
    11-15-11 07:39 PM
    It's a much better combo than an individual device. Get an OS7 Bold or Torch and you'll love it.
    What about the curve? Anyone know?
    11-15-11 07:56 PM
    bridge should work with any BB but the os7 devices are truly awesome. i have 9900 wife has 9810 and 9790 will be great for its smaller size. definitely worth the extra $ imo
    11-16-11 09:53 AM
    I was wondering about the curve. Slower processor and all but I could get one for free.
    11-16-11 10:31 AM
    I was wondering about the curve. Slower processor and all but I could get one for free.
    I'm still using a curve 8900. Works fine with the playbook.
    11-16-11 11:06 AM
    Yes I have a tour and since the last bridge update browsing while using bridge has suffered from how it was before. I have heard that the OS 7 phones work better but wasn't sure if that has to do with OS or the better processors etc. in the OS 7 phones which I believe the new curve isn't much more then my tour as far as that goes.
    11-16-11 11:24 AM
    I had a Curve 8530 and the Bridge worked fine after one update. If only I could say the same for the web browser using the bridge....
    11-16-11 11:27 AM
    I had a Curve 8530 and the Bridge worked fine after one update. If only I could say the same for the web browser using the bridge....
    You can stream flash content through the bridge. It's not wifi fast but it is pretty good and FREE. Diane, it's time you moved on and desist from your endless disinformation campaign and whine-athon.
    11-16-11 11:33 AM
    You can stream flash content through the bridge. It's not wifi fast but it is pretty good and FREE. Diane, it's time you moved on and desist from your endless disinformation campaign and whine-athon.
    Disinformation? How many threads are there again discussing browser issues?
    11-16-11 11:36 AM
    Disinformation? How many threads are there again discussing browser issues?
    So you base your impressions of the bridge on what appears on a forum when a small minority of users have trouble with their bridge. If everyone posted a thread that their bridge functioned as designed, there would be many, many more than to the contrary. It's just like the polls that repeatedly show that a large majority of PB are happy with their devices despite the content of this forum appearing to be full of whiners. People post when they have issues and not nearly as much when everything is AOK.

I suggest you stop parroting second hand information. Better still, get a BB/PB combo pack, become familiar with its function and then when you post you won't come off as just another troll to the vast majority of satisfied owners who lurk on this forum.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-16-11 12:15 PM
    So you base your impressions of the bridge on what appears on a forum when a small minority of users have trouble with their bridge. If everyone posted a thread that their bridge functioned as designed, there would be many, many more than to the contrary. It's just like the polls that repeatedly show that a large majority of PB are happy with their devices despite the content of this forum appearing to be full of whiners. People post when they have issues and not nearly as much when everything is AOK.

I suggest you stop parroting second hand information. Better still, get a BB/PB combo pack, become familiar with its function and then when you post you won't come off as just another troll to the vast majority of satisfied owners who lurk on this forum.
    I had the PB/BB Combo, I don't need to live through it again to know its a dud.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 02:42 PM
    Thanks for all your replies,very helpful. Xperia arc s goes back tomorrow and recieving 9900 in white, no black in stock. Had a play in the store, very nice, hope the white looks as good....
    11-16-11 02:50 PM

That's pretty funny considering the buggy, limited junk you seem to favor. And that begs the question, why do you come to a forum dedicated to a device you don't even own, with which you have limited experience having views that are not representative of the vast majority of users as poll after poll has proven? It is really just to troll because it sure seems like it. Your criticisms are mostly bogus second hand accounts from the whiner contingent. Time for you to either move along or dump that junk you own and get yourself the peerless BB/PB combo and come back when you have an opinion based in reality not gossip.

Sent from my peerless Blackberry Playbook.
    bpdude likes this.
    11-16-11 02:56 PM

just to give a bit of background.... My last phone was a 4s, great phone, my last tablet was the ipad 2 great pad. yes there are thousands of apps in the store. I found my self not using that many apps, the browser I would say was ok but Buggy. The reason I have a Playbook was at first the price �250, thats why I first looked at it, then read up about it, lots of negative reviews and some positive, so I tried it out at the store. I love the ease of use, the size, 10" in my opinion is to big, never really took the ipad any were, the multi tasking ability, the media is great, plugged it into my pc popped a film across and it just worked. There are a few bugs and fixes needed, but lets be onest, all os's have bugs and there problems.

Any way sorry about that, I didn't ask for negatives as there are enough of those in all forums and I can read those if needed, my question was do I need a BB phone...... Cheers......
    11-16-11 04:01 PM
    As a friend of mine puts it, "My iphone is fun but it's a ****** phone."

The PB/BB combo is unbeatable.
    11-16-11 04:17 PM
    To be honest, I haven't touched my Playbook since I got rid of my BB a couple months ago. I think you'll be pleased with the combo.
    11-16-11 07:18 PM
    That's pretty funny considering the buggy, limited junk you seem to favor. And that begs the question, why do you come to a forum dedicated to a device you don't even own, with which you have limited experience having views that are not representative of the vast majority of users as poll after poll has proven? It is really just to troll because it sure seems like it. Your criticisms are mostly bogus second hand accounts from the whiner contingent. Time for you to either move along or dump that junk you own and get yourself the peerless BB/PB combo and come back when you have an opinion based in reality not gossip.

Sent from my peerless Blackberry Playbook.
    Hey troll right back at you for trying to derail this thread. He/she specifically asked about the Curve/PB combo, which I experienced. My criticisms are based on first hand experience and empirical evidence.

11-16-11 07:35 PM
    Hey troll right back at you for trying to derail this thread. He/she specifically asked about the Curve/PB combo, which I experienced. My criticisms are based on first hand experience and empirical evidence.

Sorry, the OP asked if they'd benefit from owning a BB with their PlayBook after already stating they have and LIKE the latter. You just took this as yet another opportunity to trash BB's again, which you seem to do in every thread you post in. Which again begs the question: why are you here?

To answer the OP, yes you absolutely would benefit from pairing your PlayBook with a BB phone. When bridged to an OS7 device, the PB pretty much screams. Yes, it has its shortcomings and still needs some improvements, but you surely already know that and are obviously enjoying it nonetheless. Add a BB to the mix and you can start to see just a bit of the PB's potential.
    11-16-11 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD