I got my playbook today, did the OTA update successfully and since then been having a problem. Anytime I launch any app, whether it's the broswer, picture app, camera, app world, it immediately loads and then crashes. Sometime it does this many times in a row before I can finally get it to open and stay open. After it does stay open, I am then able to load many applications without a problem. I did a hard reset on the playbook, forced upgrade to the latest update, and still nothing seems to fix it. I have read about the heat issues, but mine seems to get quite warmer then what I would think would be normal.

So is anyone else having this issue with immediate application crashes on launch, and if so any way to fix this?

Thanks for any input.
    04-21-11 01:54 AM
    Maybe try a full wipe of the device - sounds like an OS issue. If that doesn't work.... Exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 01:59 AM
    Hi. I did the full wipe, same behavior. just curious if anyone else is having the same problem since its quite annoying that it takes a few times of launching an app before it actually stays open. I do plan to do an exchange soon.
    04-21-11 02:10 AM
    exchange it, if a wipe didnt help then its not worth messing with
    04-21-11 04:55 AM
    In case anyone ends up in the same position I did, it does seem that I had a defective playbook and nothing would seem to fix it. So I exchanged it for another today and that one is working the way it should. So if you have the same problem as I did, I recommend you exchanging it for another one, because at this point in time, it does not seem like you can fix the problem.
    04-21-11 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD