How will RIM distribute these tablet? Is it through carrier stores, online webstore, electronic retail stores or is there even a Blackberry flagship stores?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 02:48 PM
    Yes, except for their own stores.

11-17-10 02:54 PM
    How will RIM distribute these tablet? Is it through carrier stores, online webstore, electronic retail stores or is there even a Blackberry flagship stores?

Blackberry store in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International airport... I think Terminal B.
    11-17-10 03:03 PM
    I've never seen RIM sell a device on their website besides accessories. Will the PlayBook be the first?
    11-18-10 03:37 AM
    My guess would be stores like best buy and online at amazon.

11-18-10 03:51 AM
    I would think that the carriers will be selling it. WOnder if there will be an additional charge for the data and AT&T does charge for teathering and this device will suck up the carrier resources just like a iPhone or iPad.

This will be interesting
    11-18-10 05:55 AM
    I would think that the carriers will be selling it. WOnder if there will be an additional charge for the data and AT&T does charge for teathering and this device will suck up the carrier resources just like a iPhone or iPad.

This will be interesting
    Why should I buy this from a carrier? If it's not a phone I can get it less at Best Buy, Amazon or internet purchase. I already have my BB with dataplan to tether to, going to VZ to purchase this gets me nothing.
    11-18-10 08:56 AM
    I've never seen RIM sell a device on their website besides accessories. Will the PlayBook be the first?
    They do sell some unlocked phones, but only the 8320. they used to offer the 8120 and the 8820, but not anymore.

RIM really could benefit by allowing companies and consumers to buy products directly from them (reduces costs), but I don't know if they ever will. Apple makes a killing from their online store (and in Canada you can buy the iPhone unlocked from Apple) so I believe RIM should copy this, but they may not.
    11-18-10 09:08 AM
    I definetely do not think they will be selling the playbook in carriers when it first comes out, because the first version will only be wifi compatible. Maybe the other versions that will be 3G compatible will be sold in carriers.

11-27-10 08:40 AM
    I definetely do not think they will be selling the playbook in carriers when it first comes out, because the first version will only be wifi compatible. Maybe the other versions that will be 3G compatible will be sold in carriers.

Exactly. I would expect them to make their first appearance in retail stores.
    11-27-10 10:56 AM
    I'm hoping Newegg will pick it up!
    11-27-10 01:44 PM

If I understand correctly, the PlayBook will not have any celluar radio, it uses Bluetooth to an existing BlackBerry for mobile data.

I do expect the carries to sell them, they are a great add on purchace to the BlackBerry phone.
    11-27-10 03:18 PM
    Why should I buy this from a carrier? If it's not a phone I can get it less at Best Buy, Amazon or internet purchase. I already have my BB with dataplan to tether to, going to VZ to purchase this gets me nothing.
    You are sound a little bitter, someone pee pee in your cereal or what!

I did not tell you to buy it from a carrier

The question was asked who was going to sell it and I said the carrier. I did not say ONLY the carrier.

Sorry I did not mention your little dumb buddy Best Buy. You can always put a bag over your head and check out Radio Shack!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 11-27-10 at 05:55 PM.
    11-27-10 05:51 PM
    If I understand correctly, the PlayBook will not have any celluar radio, it uses Bluetooth to an existing BlackBerry for mobile data.

I do expect the carries to sell them, they are a great add on purchace to the BlackBerry phone.
    You are right, the first version will only have wifi, and no cellular radio. But later versions will be shipping with cellular radio for carrier data plans.(2G & 3G internet usage)

11-27-10 09:16 PM
    What does it matter anyways where rim sells the playbook?

11-27-10 10:39 PM
    You are sound a little bitter, someone pee pee in your cereal or what!

I did not tell you to buy it from a carrier

The question was asked who was going to sell it and I said the carrier. I did not say ONLY the carrier.

Sorry I did not mention your little dumb buddy Best Buy. You can always put a bag over your head and check out Radio Shack!
    Talk about **** in someone's cereal! I did not say that you said that it was carrier only.

I just made a point that there is no sense going to a carrier for this device if it's not a phone. I buy phones from my carrier and computers from elsewhere. Sheesh. Get off that high horse.
    11-28-10 07:51 AM
    If you think about it, a carrier can market it to people who don't have blackberrys. Similar to how they market the ipad by selling it in a bundled package with mifi.
    11-28-10 06:59 PM
    If you think about it, a carrier can market it to people who don't have blackberrys. Similar to how they market the ipad by selling it in a bundled package with mifi.
    If you get a mifi then you will have another data plan. Why do that if I already can tether to my BB?

I suppose for someone that has an android or other phone and can't tether the mifi would be the only option (other than traveling to Starbuck's) when not around their own network.

I don't think this would be the device for non-Blackberry users at first. After the 3G/4G models hit, and they go on the carriers network, then they will be phones and all else combined.
    11-29-10 11:40 AM
    carriers and electronics stores the exact same way berries and ipads are sold
    11-30-10 04:39 PM
    Where's the advantage for the carrier to sell a wifi only device if they can't really make much money off of it? The 3G and 4G versions, but why wifi?

Does RIM have a distribution network in place to deliver PBs to retail stores? Currently all BBs come via carriers.
    01-25-11 02:02 AM
    Blackberry store in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International airport... I think Terminal B.
    Yes it is Terminal B. When you come up the escalator and the food court is in front of you the Blackberry Store is 2 or 3 stores to the right on the same side as the food court. I know this because I was there for 7 damn hours on last Tuesday.

If only the Playbook was on sale then I would have bought it without hesitation. Good thing I was able to get work done instead.
    01-25-11 07:53 AM
    they should sell them wherever ipads are sold and slap an apple logo on it... so people will just assume it is an apple product
    01-25-11 08:48 AM
    It will be sold in Best buy's and Blackberry Stores (there are 5 stores nationwide but they are all located in Major Airports) first, then they will be other outlets add shortly after the prior mentioned stores
    01-25-11 10:58 AM
    AMAZON.COM or TARGET pleaseeeee BlackBerry i am begging youuuuu
    01-25-11 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD