Is there any way to display picture labels created in Windows when the photos are transferred to the PB? I renamed the generic names assigned by my camera, which display properly in either Microsoft Office Picture Manager, or on an iPad, but can't find a similar capability in the PB's Picture app or a third party app. I realize that folder names carry over, but I can't find a way to display individual picture labels. Thanks.
    08-12-13 09:42 AM
    So you want to see the FileName while looking at the photo?

I just went through a few different file managers and picture viewers (android) and did not find anything that displays the FileName while looking at the picture. Some can show "Properties" that is called up separately. I would guess that there is something out there.
    08-12-13 10:57 AM
    So you want to see the FileName while looking at the photo?

I just went through a few different file managers and picture viewers (android) and did not find anything that displays the FileName while looking at the picture. Some can show "Properties" that is called up separately. I would guess that there is something out there.
    F2 - thanks for following up so quickly. I've searched everywhere, but can't find anything. Then my wife copied the pictures over to her iPad and the FileName popped right up. Arrgh! I am wondering if using DM and synching would make a difference, but that's so painfully slow, and I doubt it would.
    08-12-13 11:13 AM
    Again, you want to see the file name when viewing the photo? I guess that most photo viewer apps want to display the PHOTO without "sullying" it with a text description but an option to display the file name (or info) would be appreciated.

The real drawback to the pb's method, is if I am viewing a photo and now want to do something with it (edit it, email it, something-it), there is NO identifying info shown at all - no properties, name, etc so that I canNOT quickly identify it and find it.

But I do wonder about those people who also "sully" their photos with the time/date stamped on the image - sheesh, talk about ruining a nice scenic image with a permanent text overlay!

Let's see if someone might know of some photo viewer that provides the option you want.
    08-12-13 11:44 AM
    Again, you want to see the file name when viewing the photo? I guess that most photo viewer apps want to display the PHOTO without "sullying" it with a text description but an option to display the file name (or info) would be appreciated.

The real drawback to the pb's method, is if I am viewing a photo and now want to do something with it (edit it, email it, something-it), there is NO identifying info shown at all - no properties, name, etc so that I canNOT quickly identify it and find it.

But I do wonder about those people who also "sully" their photos with the time/date stamped on the image - sheesh, talk about ruining a nice scenic image with a permanent text overlay!

Let's see if someone might know of some photo viewer that provides the option you want.
    Yes - I'd like to have that option. In Microsoft Picture Viewer, it shows down in the border. I'm not sure about iPad.
    08-12-13 12:21 PM
    The photo viewer integrated into ES File Explorer (needs to be sideloaded) will show the pics name (in small print), along with thumbnails of other pics in the folder that the pic resides in, plus a couple of other options, if you tap on the pic when it is open in the viewer. This view only lasts for a few seconds after tapping on the pic.

Displaying Picture Labels-img_20130561.jpg

edit- just checked, and Files and Folders will do something similar.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-12-13 12:38 PM
    The photo viewer integrated into ES File Explorer (needs to be sideloaded) will show the pics name (in small print), along with thumbnails of other pics in the folder that the pic resides in, plus a couple of other options, if you tap on the pic when it is open in the viewer. This view only lasts for a few seconds after tapping on the pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130561.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	191905

edit- just checked, and Files and Folders will do something similar.
    Yes pacoman, I've seen that too. Thanks.
    08-12-13 12:56 PM