Is it worth it to drive 10 minutes to see a display unit right now? They aren't able to get passed the activation screen, but it would be able to hold it and feel it in my hands to see if I want it based on that or not.

Is this worth it or would I be wasting my time?
    04-15-11 11:06 AM
    If its only a 10 Min drive for you i would say do it. It gives you a nice feel of the device and you can see how sharp the screen is. If your planning on buying it, atleast go hold it lol.
    04-15-11 11:11 AM
    If its only a 10 Min drive for you i would say do it. It gives you a nice feel of the device and you can see how sharp the screen is. If your planning on buying it, atleast go hold it lol.
    I know, but I could also wait until this weekend and use a full functional one I think.

I just have no patience and would have been all over this a month ago, but with the real release only a few days away, I almost feel I should just wait. Decisions....
    04-15-11 11:13 AM
    I am totally going to Staples after work today in the hopes they have them out and I can hold one, I don't even care if it's not working
    04-15-11 11:20 AM
    I am totally going to Staples after work today in the hopes they have them out and I can hold one, I don't even care if it's not working
    I'm sold. Fridays are slow as **** for me anyways and I work mostly from my cell phone. I'll head to Staples now and touch it
    04-15-11 11:28 AM
    Let us know how it feels.
    04-15-11 11:35 AM
    I am heading out today, wife has her things to do and I think I will call the stores around here to see if a demo unit is out and about. Want to put hands on this thing. I might not even like it, OR love it.
    04-15-11 11:36 AM
    I am heading out today, wife has her things to do and I think I will call the stores around here to see if a demo unit is out and about. Want to put hands on this thing. I might not even like it, OR love it.
    Just so you know, I was denied on my first to calls, but the 3rd Staples I called had them and they guy told me it wasn't working but it was out on display. The other stores (both closer, one a block from my house....) said they didn't have them yet and weren't expecting them till sunday at the earliest.
    04-15-11 11:42 AM
    I will call before hitting any stores.
    04-15-11 12:20 PM
    I can't find a staples that has a display unit around my area, really killing me right now
    04-15-11 12:46 PM
    As you can see in this picture, the Power Button is slightly raised. I can assure you that I have no problem pressing the button. There is no feedback while pressing the button, but if you press it, you will know it when you let go as there was a little clicking upon releasing the power button.

Pictures 4 and 5 show the Power Button.
    Picture 3 shows all the buttons.
    Picture 2 shows the Staples Case they have it locked down with
    Picture 1 shows the boot up screen.
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 04-15-11 at 01:23 PM.
    04-15-11 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD