found another small irritation when the PB decided to wake me up at 4am with a low battery alert.

plugged the charger in but apparently being on charge isnt enough to cancel the alert. disappointed u have to unlock the device and dismiss manually.
    09-11-11 07:45 AM
    I thought you are complaining about "alarm"... I guess, to avoid that "low battery alert" is to ensure that it will not lowbat around 4AM... either you have to ensure that your PlayBook will have enough power up to 6AM or turn-off your PB when you go to sleep... afterall, it is not a mobile that will notify you in case you have an incoming call...

And then let see what OS2 will bring to us...
    09-11-11 07:59 AM
    not really a complaint, just noticed a niggle. but would ur bb do that hope they resolve that before qnx is on the bbs
    09-11-11 08:02 AM
    Would you be mad if you had an alarm set and it turned off without notification when you didn't have it charged ? I would be so I think its a possitive.

It would be bonus to have some intelligent alert system...but night time is a good time to charge it.
    Last edited by dentynefire; 09-11-11 at 08:12 AM.
    09-11-11 08:07 AM
    i think were going off on a tangent here. its a battery low alert, which doesnt appear to be linked correctly to the power management, not an alarm clock.

sure if u let your alarm go flat whatever the device might be that would be an issue. dunno if id get mad about an unplanned lie in
    09-11-11 08:13 AM
    i think were going off on a tangent here. its a battery low alert, which doesnt appear to be linked correctly to the power management, not an alarm clock.

sure if u let your alarm go flat whatever the device might be that would be an issue. dunno if id get mad about an unplanned lie in
    I think I understand:
    alarm go flat = volume turned down
    unplanned lie in = still sleeping
    battery low alert, which doesnt appear to be linked correctly to the power management = I was a sleep until...

well they need to make the battery status work better for sure but I haven't been woken up at 4am thank god!
    rvision likes this.
    09-11-11 09:01 AM
    OS2 will allow the pb to find the charger, attach it and recharge all while you continue to sleep. OS2 is going to contain that and lots of other magical properties - just you wait (and wait and wait....)
    derailed-7 and rvision like this.
    09-11-11 10:26 AM
    OS2 will allow the pb to find the charger, attach it and recharge all while you continue to sleep. OS2 is going to contain that and lots of other magical properties - just you wait (and wait and wait....)
    and if the os2 pb can get up and go to work for me i think rim are onto a winner this time
    09-11-11 12:03 PM
    and if the os2 pb can get up and go to work for me i think rim are onto a winner this time
    I know many people are waiting for the pb to earn its keep!
    09-11-11 01:11 PM
    LOL, I noticed this today. If you really want to be irritated, put it on the rapid charger. You'll get the alert about every minute or so.

It is a bit dumb that the alert is designed to continue to go off if the charge changes regardless that the charge is increasing.
    09-11-11 01:53 PM
    The problem I've seen is not the alarm or battery alert going off, its that it can't be silenced by the Mute button or any physical button. You have to unlock the screen to be able to silence it. Mine went off while I was driving, had to swipe the screen and enter password before I could quiet it.
    09-11-11 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD