As I was setting my playbook down on the desk i was holding it from the top. I the camera shutter sound go off. So I look and see that by pressing the two volume keys together you can take a screen shot of whatever is on your PB screen at that time..
    09-21-11 02:58 PM
    Good for you.
    09-21-11 03:00 PM
    You should read Kevin's review of the Playbook, it will help you discover all the features.
    09-21-11 03:02 PM
    Yes it is a feature.

i find it annoying though.
    every so often my pictures folder will have 100 random screenshots that it took while i was on standby.

at least disable it while its on standby. -_-.
    09-21-11 03:02 PM
    Doing a hard reset of your Playbook will also take a screenshot. A little annoying to then have to go back into pictures and delete the picture with "little" being the operative word. With all its great features, not much to complain about with my Playbook. I am looking forward to the next iteration of software and all the new features it will bring!
    09-21-11 03:44 PM
    also, keep in mind that if your bridged the screenshot capability will be disabled. it's not a bug but a security feature they placed on the device so you can't screenshot any files from your bb if your on BES.
    09-21-11 03:45 PM
    Doing a hard reset of your Playbook will also take a screenshot. A little annoying to then have to go back into pictures and delete the picture with "little" being the operative word. With all its great features, not much to complain about with my Playbook. I am looking forward to the next iteration of software and all the new features it will bring!
    I'm curious as to why people think you need to press 3 buttons to do a hard reset. Holding the power button for 10 seconds completely powers the thing off. hard.
    09-21-11 08:10 PM
    I've never performed a hard restart or felt compelled to. The most drastic action I've ever taken was a forced "turn off" using the power button.
    09-21-11 08:26 PM
    I'm curious as to why people think you need to press 3 buttons to do a hard reset. Holding the power button for 10 seconds completely powers the thing off. hard.
    You refer to the "soft" or "normal" restart. Old habits die hard and some believe that the three button or complete OS wipe is the only way back from a frozen screen caused by a confused app.
    09-21-11 08:29 PM
    09-21-11 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD