I am a blackberry fan - bought my PB the day it became available last spring.

Disappointed by 2.0:

-no ability to mark all emails as read - have thousands of unread messages in the new messages app now

-duplicate new email notifications - every new email now shows up new in both the new email app and the bridge app. Clearing an unread email in the new app doesnt clear it in the bridge app or on my BB

-browser still doesnt allow you to rename bookmarks or make folders

-no skype or kindle apps via app world (arent both available for android?)

-very laggy interface - takes forever to respond to touch

-seems to be gobbling my battery life
    02-21-12 11:58 AM
    I found out you can turn off bridge notifications on your phone for your email so you dont get double notifications on PB. Go to bridge and the menu for your tablet and select messages to not go through the bridge. Should have been automatic, but at least theres a fix..
    02-21-12 12:00 PM
    -"very laggy interface - takes forever to respond to touch"

maybe something wrong with your playbook or the install cuz mine and most others its FAST n very responsive
    02-21-12 12:01 PM
    My PB is by leaps and bounds faster then any other OS build.
    02-21-12 12:02 PM
    Apps are created by third parties.

Skype is unlikely to address the needs of the BlackBerry community. Kindle is unlikely, too.

I advise you buy a Kindle instead. It's so much better to read on a Kindle than on a screen - even a quality one like the PlayBook's. A kindle comes at 99�s. If you can afford a PlayBook and BalckBerry phone you should have the money to get the real deal.
    coverk, wbbady, Willard814 and 8 others like this.
    02-21-12 12:04 PM

Disappointed by 2.0:

This is really the only real gripe I have with OS2 so far... Inexistant bookmark management is really a downer... No sorting, no editing, laggy scolling...
    Jeovex, Lhendr, Willard814 and 6 others like this.
    02-21-12 12:05 PM
    This is by far the fastest build. There is something wrong with your pb
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:07 PM
    Kindle far better than a backlit screen. I have a book reader app that imports DRM-free books from my kindle pc app, so I do have books if I am desperate.

So negative, no joy in some people, is there?
    02-21-12 12:11 PM
    OS 2 crashed my tablet. It boots but stops responding after a few minutes.
    02-21-12 12:14 PM
    Man, my playbook is fast and smooth on OS 2. I'm loving it.
    02-21-12 12:15 PM
    My playbook is running nice and smooth after upgrade to Os2.0 and security wipe.
    eds817 and 07thking like this.
    02-21-12 12:18 PM
    I must say...I disagree with the OP. IMO, the PlayBook is finally ready for "primetime". This is a very GOOD update. "perfection is something always aimed for, but rarely achieved" RIM did an excellent job on this update
    02-21-12 12:19 PM

Disappointed by 2.0:

-no ability to mark all emails as read - have thousands of unread messages in the new messages app now I have not found this either. Disappointing yes. Back breaker? Not for me.

-duplicate new email notifications - every new email now shows up new in both the new email app and the bridge app. Clearing an unread email in the new app doesnt clear it in the bridge app or on my BB It takes a while but clearing one side of it syncs back to the other. If i read a message on my BlackBerry it eventually syncs back to the Playbook as read. It takes some time but I have tried this on a few messages with success. I am trying to see if it works the other way.

-browser still doesnt allow you to rename bookmarks or make folders This is, without a doubt, annoying. However browser compatibility and functionality is much more important to me.

-no skype or kindle apps via app world (arent both available for android?) Third party apps are just that, third party. These would have to come from the companies that make them.

-very laggy interface - takes forever to respond to touch I do not experience this at all.

-seems to be gobbling my battery life Mine is slightly worse than before, but is noticeable, I have to assume this is due to the syncing of contacts/calendar/mail

My answers in bold. As stated I will update when / if i see any reads reconciling between PB -> BB
    02-21-12 12:19 PM
    Had a couple issues going from beta directly to OS2 via OTA. To be expected I guess.
    Reloaded OS and all is well.
    My PB that never had the beta had no issues.
    Happy Happy
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:20 PM
    OS 2 crashed my tablet. It boots but stops responding after a few minutes.
    Did you try a clean wipe before installing?
    Berryuman and Willard814 like this.
    02-21-12 12:21 PM
    are you taking about os 2!!!!! Or something else

It's fast and smooth, really I like it 10 times or more than os 1, but I miss one thing from beginning Arabic keyboard
    Willard814 and Chrisy like this.
    02-21-12 12:22 PM
    My playbook is running nice and smooth after upgrade to Os2.0 and security wipe.
    A few days ago I copied my documents, movies and music to my computer and this morning at 5am when I saw the updated was here I did a security wipe and while in the car driving to work I downloaded and installed the update. Haven't had any problems. I would always recommend with a major update to do this. I even do this on my PC when I upgrade to a new version of Windows. It's a little time consuming but in my opinion well worth it.
    Willard814 and TinRobot like this.
    02-21-12 12:24 PM
    laggy? a big no, I noticed it is faster than any previous builds, after the upgrade I restarted it again and it is damn smooth.
    Willard814 and rotorwrench like this.
    02-21-12 12:25 PM
    Looks like you're reaching for things to gripe about. There is just too much goodness in OS2 to get caught up on minor things that aren't just like you want them and label the entire release a disappointment.

Couple of specifics:
    -- If you have native email set up, individually turn off bridge email so you don't get it twice. There's a post on this.
    -- I have Kindle (side)loaded on mine. Works great.
    BrizzadMan, killa4luv and Chrisy like this.
    02-21-12 12:28 PM
    This is really the only real gripe I have with OS2 so far... Inexistant bookmark management is really a downer... No sorting, no editing, laggy scolling...
    get simple browser plus $1.99 in app store theres a free version too but im not sure if u can edit bookmarks with the free version
    vernon749 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:32 PM
    There will always be issues in a first build no matter how long they have to prepare. Right now it has only been tested by RIM and a select few others. Once more people start using it and submitting bug reports they will release updates fixing those issues.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I'm also disappointed with the update/upgrade.
    To me, having the Arabic language pack was paramount and I have mentioned in my older posts that this issue was the most important issue in order for me not to ditch the PB. I said I would give it until april, one year after release of the PB but I don't think it will come. I still have to use my laptop to visit certain blogs to type in Arabic. I really don't understand this as the ME is one of the biggest markets for RIM. I never was into apple but I may have to jump ships in the very near future to ipad 3 or if nokia releases a wp tab as I wish they had released a meego based tab (the swipe gestures on the nokia N9 destroys this feature on the PB). But unfortunately nokia is ditching the meego for the sake of MS. But perhaps the WP tab from nokia will be worth it when it's released in june. So it's either that or the ipad3.
    PB is lacking:
    - language pack
    - Skype which is very important for me as I travel a bit.,
    - proper gps navigation system and this sucks royally on the pb or any bb phone where companies like nokia excel as they own a navigation company.
    - proper apps for local use (dubai)

I was hoping for alot more to be honest but it didn't happen. So I think latest by june I will switch tabs. By the way, no way I would go to android. Something is just not right with it I feel. It's not smooth regardless of how many cores it has, feels cheap and is not easy to use. Either an ipad or a nokia based tab as nokia is way more advanced in certain technologies than RIM.
    -no ability to mark all emails as read - have thousands of unread messages in the new messages app now

1.) duplicate new email notifications - every new email now shows up new in both the new email app and the bridge app. Clearing an unread email in the new app doesnt clear it in the bridge app or on my BB
    2.) browser still doesnt allow you to rename bookmarks or make folders
    3.) no skype or kindle apps via app world (arent both available for android?)
    4.) very laggy interface - takes forever to respond to touch
    5.) seems to be gobbling my battery life
    1.) Your expectations here may need to be reset. You have different clients looking @ the same mailbox, and synchronization will need to occur for changes made from each client. If you make a change on your BB, it will not reflect immediately on the native client, being that it could be ActiveSync/etc.

2.) Meh. Yeah, could be better but this is hardly a deal breaker?

3.) This should be no surprise. They were never announced these & you should not have expected them with 2.0 as such. Maybe in the future, but this is not a deal breaker for me. If I want to read for any length of time - I pick up my Kindle device & read on that. No sense killing the battery life & my eyes on the PlayBook.

4.) Must be your PB - because everyone else, myself included is noticing responsiveness has increased substantially... UI is much snappier than 1.08. Not that I found it slow before, but it is markedly improved in 2.0.

5.) "Seems" to be? Well - it's only been our for a matter of hours, so I'd hold off on commenting about battery life concerns for another few days. Could be that you're on WiFi, have BlueTooth on, setting up and checking out all the new functionality. You are making the PB more busy than it has been in awhile more than likely.
    02-21-12 12:33 PM

Disappointed by 2.0:

-duplicate new email notifications - every new email now shows up new in both the new email app and the bridge app. Clearing an unread email in the new app doesnt clear it in the bridge app or on my BB

-very laggy interface - takes forever to respond to touch

-seems to be gobbling my battery life
    I'm the creator of the thread titled http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...coming-698545/ Skype is NOT coming... Not my fault you didn't read that to show you, Skype was not coming. So stop complaining. People are never happy
    hpjrt and BBPandy like this.
    02-21-12 12:34 PM
    Checking back in after a few minutes and I can give the following (though my tests are not done as of yet)

The following works BB -> Playbook
    Marking messages read
    Marking messages unread

The following works Playbook -> BB
    (none that i can tell at this time)

It has only been a couple of minutes so I will report back in a few.
    02-21-12 12:36 PM
270 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD