hey guys i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem too?

every so often all the icons in my favourites tab just disappear- but when i press the screen it opens the app that should be there
    a quick restart sorts it out but is it just my PB doing this?

also on the note of the menus, is there any way to sort the apps alphabetically? without having to move them manually

thanks
    01-17-12 05:38 PM
    Are you running the beta OS? If so, that could be the answer to the phantom disappearings. I'm experiencing it with bbm while bridged.

A soft reboot always fixes the problem.

Are you referring to menus or apps? You just want your apps sitting alphabetically on your screen? If so, I don't think that's possible. You'll just have to move them in the arrangement that suits you.
    alistairtang likes this.
    01-17-12 06:42 PM
    nope, not running beta at all but thanks anyway
    01-17-12 06:48 PM
    Amazing coincidence! Just logged on to research this very issue and - whammy!! - I find this thread immediately! Gotta love Crackberry!

I have been experiencing this same issue sporadically. On a PB 32GB, not using Beta. Can't say I can name a common factor that might suggest a cause. It just happens.

As someone above stated, a soft reset has thus far been the fix for the issue.

Anybody else got a theory?
    01-17-12 08:02 PM
    I also have a 32gb! maybe it's our models

it gets a bit annoying having to wait for the soft reset though
    01-17-12 08:24 PM
    Hmmm, Interesting. I got my 32GB from Shop Blackberry back in December. Have you noticed any other issues with your PB?

I have noticed my tap screen gets a little unresponsive from time to time but it hasn't been as distinctly noticeable and recognizable as the Favorites thing. How about you?

On the up side, I had a 16GB first and I noticed a definite increase in overall responsiveness and snappiness on the 32GB at first.

After reading your post here I will definitely be keeping a closer eye on my PB and will report back with any observations worth noting.

I agree, there is not reason we should have to resort to a soft reset to get back to normal. I thought QNX was pretty bullet proof. We should not have to put up with this.

Hopefully others will check in on this issue as well and we can go from there.
    01-18-12 08:36 AM
    Has only happened twice on mine, but yeah, I've seen it. Odd.
    01-18-12 08:52 AM
    happened once to me last week. Have also seen it happen on the bridge menu once of twice. Rebooted, all was fine.

Its not a problem, just an undocumented feature
    01-18-12 10:46 AM
    it happened to me before also.

i just opened an app and closed it. then everything showed up again.
    01-18-12 10:50 AM
    Ive had a 64 GB since 4/19/11. This has happened once, about two weeks ago. restart fixed it.
    01-18-12 12:46 PM
    hmm i guess it's quite common then.. has anyone talked to blackberry about it? or knows any causes and related problems?
    01-18-12 03:02 PM
    Hmmm, Interesting. I got my 32GB from Shop Blackberry back in December. Have you noticed any other issues with your PB?

I have noticed my tap screen gets a little unresponsive from time to time but it hasn't been as distinctly noticeable and recognizable as the Favorites thing. How about you?

On the up side, I had a 16GB first and I noticed a definite increase in overall responsiveness and snappiness on the 32GB at first.

After reading your post here I will definitely be keeping a closer eye on my PB and will report back with any observations worth noting.

I agree, there is not reason we should have to resort to a soft reset to get back to normal. I thought QNX was pretty bullet proof. We should not have to put up with this.

Hopefully others will check in on this issue as well and we can go from there.
    i haven't noticed any unresponsiveness but i don't really compare as it doesn't affect it at all, haven't noticed any other issues actually
    maybe i will try and contact them one of these days
    01-18-12 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD