Is there a way to disable or delete the YouTube app? My 3 year old grandkids watch monster Dora and other crap on it and subsequently get nightmares. They both are very good at operating their playbooks, and I can not constantly watch what they are getting into.
    02-26-13 11:22 PM
    Another option is to disable the wifi... if they knew how to turn it on, you can disable your router... after all, even if you managed to delete the PB's YouTube native app, it is still possible to access it through native browser... as long as it can access internet...
    02-27-13 07:01 AM
    In addition to what joshua said, can't some routers block specific sites?

Do they know how to swipe to the left or right panes to see items on those alternate panes/panels? How about looking into Folders? You can create Folders and "hide" stuff in Folders on the second or 3rd or 10th pane?
    02-27-13 08:58 AM
    Don't underestimate them, they actually make their own folders and put their stuff into it. The swiping actions of PB are so easy to understand for kids, they know all of them. The only thing they are not too good yet is reading and writing, but they certainly understand how to type simple words into search, like Dora or Diego. Disabling wifi on the PB does not work, they did figure that out a long time ago. The only thing as suggested above would be to block them on the router, however they also use some educational websites, so it would be cumbersome to switch them on and of on the router.
    Both have their own private playbooks since about 18month old and they love them, still working strong even with frequent dropping them and occasionally throwing them.
    Well I got to look into blocking individual websites on the router.
    02-27-13 09:00 PM
    Isn't there a bug where pb app icons get deleted by accident? You could 'loose' the utube one Probably a stop gap measure tho - just a matter of time till they figure out that the can access it via the browser. Lol
    02-27-13 09:11 PM
    Ooops I meant they have one since 28 month old.
    Well the access through the browser is not so easy yet, they might find things in the browser history, but are not able to type in Urls yet. They actually do not use the browser on its own so far, only the bookmarked browser pages on the home screen which open some educational sites.
    I am not sure if this bug that made icons disappear still exists. It gave me some headaches once when one of my grand daughters found this bug and I was struggling to get the icons back.
    02-27-13 09:38 PM