This is NOT your typical "i dont want to use the native email" thread

ok guys i have a confession to make. Im one of the ones who didnt care if the playbook ever got native email. i was just fine using bridge, it worked perfectly for me. call it selfish.

i have another confession to make. im a craigslist window shopper. Im one of those guys who will reply to your ad and may never purchase. I "shop" alot, ask alot of questions, may purchase once every 6 months.

Ive always hated email links on the pc because it always tries to open up Outlook. I dont have outlook set up and dont want it to be set up. So i always have to copy the email address, open gmail, sign in, paste the address then type my message out.

With my playbook and bridge, that problem was solved, i had a big enough screen to browse, and i could click the email address which would pop up the bridge email app, and i would type out my message and send. BAM

Today though, i decided i neeed to buy some freon, found an add on CL, went to shoot the seller a message,clicked the email address and THE STUPID NATIVE EMAIL SET UP APP pops up. i DONT WANT TO SET UP NATIVE EMAIL.

Native email wasnt a big deal at first, i just didnt set it up, and ignored the icon no biggie. Now its getting in my way. Now i have to copy the email address and open bridge email and paste then send. not as many steps as on the PC but geeeeze..

is there a way to turn off Native Email completely?
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 03-10-12 at 10:47 AM.
    03-10-12 10:44 AM
    come on noone else has had this issue?
    03-10-12 11:22 AM
    We have two PBs at work that have native email disabled for security compliance. I'll ask how they did it. I won't know until Monday, sorry.
    03-10-12 11:49 AM
    no problem. its not life threateningly urgent, i just didnt want my thread to sink into the abyss lol
    03-10-12 12:11 PM
    disable native email? like don't set up any native email accounts and then its not enabled like you did at first.

What email services are you using? And now you "have to copy the email address and open bridge email and paste then send" because its an email account that you don't have set up to redirect to the BB? I don't understand. Do you have contacts on your BB that you see bridged on the PB so you have their email address?
    03-10-12 12:45 PM
    no i never set up native email

i AM bridged and have a default email set
    before OS2, i could click an email link and my BRIDGE email would pop up to compose an email using my default email address

NOW, if i click an email link, on craigslist for example, instead of my BRIDGE email app with default address popping up, the native email app pops up asking me to add an account...
    03-10-12 12:48 PM
    I was hoping your question was going to take another direction. I'd like to be able to set it up but have a one-stop switch to DISABLE it, not have to delete all the accounts and their info. Just TURN IT OFF. Then, if I want, TURN IT ON.
    03-10-12 02:06 PM
    I was hoping your question was going to take another direction. I'd like to be able to set it up but have a one-stop switch to DISABLE it, not have to delete all the accounts and their info. Just TURN IT OFF. Then, if I want, TURN IT ON.

After you setup an account you can choose what you would like sync'd to the device. I have my email accounts setup on my PlayBook but only have my calendars set to sync and left my contacts and emails not to sync.

Hope that was the information you were looking for.
    03-10-12 02:35 PM
    Wow. Thanks for the tip. I'm a craigslist troll myself and I also always had to copy and paste to reply to ads. So I tried tapping a response email address on CL on my playbook and it opened my email with the address and subjects already filled out. That was easy. Thanks again.
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    03-10-12 02:48 PM
    you ARE using native email though right?

glad someones benefiting from this lol
    03-10-12 03:10 PM
    I am having trouble with my ISPs email, so want to disable the PB's native email for a while to see if it is contributing to problem.

Message above say that I can choose to sync only calendar for example. But where do I find that option?
    04-16-13 12:29 PM
    No replies

Anyway, just turned off wifi and stopped using PB for a while. Not the best solution, but it served it's purpose.
    04-20-13 10:25 AM
    Don't you mean that you want to set bridge mail as the default email app?
    04-20-13 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD