So , I guess I shouldn't really be surpised that I can't figure this one out, but i have a ton of these stupid digital copies of movies that I would like to put on my new playbook since it is a portable device and all, but when I drop the film on it pops up with cant play DRM protected file.. then why give me a portable digital copy file? As crappy as it is to covert movies and such how do I get movies on the playbook? Thanks in advance .
    04-20-11 01:37 PM
    no hope is there
    04-20-11 02:41 PM
    gotta use drm removal software to strip off the drm and then copy it onto pb...
    04-20-11 02:53 PM
    So , I guess I shouldn't really be surpised that I can't figure this one out, but i have a ton of these stupid digital copies of movies that I would like to put on my new playbook since it is a portable device and all, but when I drop the film on it pops up with cant play DRM protected file.. then why give me a portable digital copy file? As crappy as it is to covert movies and such how do I get movies on the playbook? Thanks in advance .
    If your digital copy is DRM-protected, then your only option is to get a hold of DRM ripping software. I don't think its free. Is there any fine print with your digital copy (like certain devices it can play on)?
    04-20-11 02:54 PM
    what tool can be used to strip drm off?
    04-20-11 03:17 PM
    04-20-11 03:36 PM
    Problem has nothing to do with a PB, its like saying your VHS deck doesn't accept this betamax tape...
    04-20-11 03:36 PM
    Basically Digital Copies all boil down to the DRM which prevents you from playing them on unauthorized devices. Digital Copy seems a forbidden fruit for non-iOS devices like the Android OS and BlackBerry Tablet OS. For internal solutions and handling them freely, we need to get some help from the third-party software. I find a guide about how to strip drm from the digital copies, you can take it as reference:

[How-To] Download BluRay/DVD Digital Copies to BlackBerry Playbook for playback without DRM issues | iTunes video to Android Tablet
    01-09-12 06:45 PM
    what tool can be used to strip drm off?
    I use Aimersoft DRM Media Converter and it works great!
    01-09-12 09:05 PM
    Hmm.. just tried pavtube-ChewTune. Failed on two .wma digital copies and a normal .avi. Not a good start.
    Aimersoft demo is limited to 1 minute of output. Not enough to make a decision on.
    01-10-12 08:13 AM
    Hmm.. just tried pavtube-ChewTune. Failed on two .wma digital copies and a normal .avi. Not a good start.
    Aimersoft demo is limited to 1 minute of output. Not enough to make a decision on.
    Aimersoft is limited to one minute for the trial. I purchased the software and feel that it was worth it. I ended up buying the Aimersoft bluray ripper software, so I had the best possible resolution in my converted movies. I can tell a step improvement in the quality from using the digital copy to ripping a standard dvd and even more so when ripping one of my purchased blu-rays.
    01-10-12 08:35 AM
    I use Aimersoft Ultimate video converter. It is really good..and rips to the proper formats... besides 1 minutes is plenty for output for a demo..
    jtwarrin5 likes this.
    01-10-12 08:37 AM
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments/experience.
    01-11-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD