How many different versions of Wi-Fi PlayBook exist ? So far I got 2 different, with faulty power button is USB\VID_0fca&PID_8010&REV_0001&MI_00 and serial number starts with 1343-xxxx-xxxx which connects fine with all tools (Desktop software, Device manager etc) and the other one with great power button is USB\VID_0fca&PID_8012&REV_0232 and serial num 1345-xxxx-xxxx which doesn't automatically install its drivers on anything (win xp, 7, 8) and which is not recognized by anything, such as Desktop software, Device manager etc because the driver provided is not fully compatible with that device revision.

Post your VID&PID here and your feedback about its drivers.
    10-20-12 11:34 AM
    Where are you finding those serial or part numbers? Inside (take apart case)? Or elsewhere?
    10-20-12 12:06 PM
    Setting>About>General > Serial number. vid and pid in device manager on win xp/7/8.
    I got this pb from this Latest BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet offer for Android developers �BlackBerry Developer Blog
    10-20-12 12:17 PM
    How many different versions of Wi-Fi PlayBook exist ? So far I got 2 different, with faulty power button is USB\VID_0fca&PID_8010&REV_0001&MI_00 and serial number starts with 1343-xxxx-xxxx which connects fine with all tools (Desktop software, Device manager etc) and the other one with great power button is USB\VID_0fca&PID_8012&REV_0232 and serial num 1345-xxxx-xxxx which doesn't automatically install its drivers on anything (win xp, 7, 8) and which is not recognized by anything, such as Desktop software, Device manager etc because the driver provided is not fully compatible with that device revision.

Post your VID&PID here and your feedback about its drivers.
    my husbands playbook just arrived yesterday. we bought it knowing the usb doesn't work. its the same. serial series as ur first one. I believe his is a recessed power button, unlike mine, the 1344 series, where the button has been corrected. when he takes his apart to solder the new usb port on, ill make sure to get the part number of his power button, cuz his is working or maybe its been repaired (cuz I can tell its recessed but not as far down as expected). anywho, ill let ya know.
    awesome things to know tho...
    10-20-12 12:20 PM