He was right but not exactly right. He was saying they wouldn't succeed due to the 7" size when in fact (at least the PB) it has been struggling due to a few missing features, all of which will be corrected in days.
    We know OS 2.0 will bring in a lot of improvements, and make PB more useful to more people. But at its original MSRP it will still struggle to compete.

The price is always the most important factor. If you have a decent quality product at really good price, it will always sell even if it may not be the best one out there.

Like I said, Samsung's 10" tablet sells a lot better than their 7" model. That proves there's a bigger market for 10" tablet.

Is there a market for 7" tablets? Definitely, as I'm one of the owners of 7" tablet.
    02-10-12 01:35 PM
    Low, Very Low. There are Thousands of Thousands of People who DO bash BlackBerry, I don't like it, however I decide what I like and also also decide what I use. Thats what being an indevidual all is about.

So please just ignore all the hate from droid and apple fanboys, Because I could't care less about their opinion, HOWEVER, I DO NOT WANT TO ENCOURAGE ANY MORE HATE BY HATING EVERYTHING OTHER THAN A BLACKBERRY.

Because that's how it works folks, don't be a dumbass, like what you like regardless of other opinions.

And that's how I'm gonna roll, because at the end of the day, I'll still have my BlackBerry in my Pocket and another one in my hand.
    Willard814 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-10-12 01:39 PM

what is this app?
    02-10-12 01:42 PM
    the 7" form factor was key in me purchasing a playbook. 10" just seemed crazy to me. Honestly, I'd rather carry around a netbook then a 10" iPad with a crippled OS and browser.
    I did carry a Dell Insperion 1010, (Netbook), rather than buying an iPad, why, because to me, and only me that form factor was too big for a tablet. trying it it did seem to lack substance.

Now I use my net book as a paper weight thanks to my PB... and I for 1 cannot wait until Feb 30th,(yep my date), for the official release of OS 2, not for the PIM, I have Bridge for that, but because it's cool, and a better status symbol than IOS...

QNX IS MY Drug of Choice...
    02-10-12 01:44 PM
    THE IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE..... (and really the only one that counts) I own a PB and dont own an iPad.

Friends have them, i have had an iPod touch and no thank you. I could list my reasons or troll the iPad but no. I did my homework and made my choice.

PS I Love my PB, just in case that was in question lmmfao.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 01:49 PM
    I don't believed many tablet owners and developers contemplated just what the 7 inch "form factor" actually means (I do hate that term) I certainly didn't when I bought mine. I do not work in an office, I am on the move all day long, while doing that I am able to send and receive emails, text messages and BBM's constantly, all day long. I am also able to access the internet, view videos etc. anywhere, without needing a wireless connection. All of this while on the move, without the need to find somewhere to sit or carry a satchel or some such to store my device.

I have a brand new Blackberry, something most will admit is a damn useful tool, it has basically been rendered semi useless by the Playbook. In fact if it were not its H+ internet connection I could basically go back to using an old fashioned "dumb" phone.
    02-10-12 01:56 PM
    damn.....you can weigh yourself with the ipad???? wow lol
    02-10-12 04:54 PM
    Just to point out. Since IOS 5 iPad users can use the split keyboard to type with thumbs and it's actually really good. Although having said that I sold my iPad today because it has been gathering dust since I got my PlayBook.
    02-10-12 05:03 PM
    I actually prefer 10" for browsing. But 7" is, of course, more portable.

With this said, I just don't think one size is better than the other. Otherwise, people would say that Dell Streak 5" or Samsung Note are far better tablets than the Playbook.

Similarly, by your logic, nobody would buy 13" - 17" screen laptops as everybody would prefer a 10 or 11-incher.

PS. I hope the long rumored 10" PB will actually be release. If so, I will definitely get one to complement my current PB.
    02-10-12 05:12 PM
    but Apple is releasing a 7" model according to rumours.

what then?
    Then they can say too much about the Playbook not being the right size for some. Them making a 7" model could help sell a few more PlayBooks. Some do look at it and think they need a larger screen. If Apple makes one then they might take a better look at both.

James
    02-10-12 05:15 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD