How a playbook user types

How an ipad user types.

---------
    How to carry your playbook:

How to carry an ipad... REMEMBER TO REMOVE IT BEFORE YOU SIT.

---------
    How to use a playbook.

Pimping a Car

Gaming

Bridge

How to use an ipad:

Weight yourself: Expectations

Weigth yourself: Reality

In the Kitchen

yeah yeah... ipad has more apps... so?
    Last edited by alekza; 02-10-12 at 10:44 AM.
    02-10-12 09:48 AM
    LOL, can't see the typing pics though.
    02-10-12 09:54 AM
    Great thread. Funny stuff!
    02-10-12 10:05 AM
    I don't get it. If the poster is making fun of "difficulty" in typing on iPad, I find iPad much easier to type as you can actually use more than two thumbs to do it. The typing on PB isn't something I would rave about, either in portrait mode or landscape mode. Thumb typing is better on smaller/lighter device.
    02-10-12 10:07 AM
    I don't get it. If the poster is making fun of "difficulty" in typing on iPad, I find iPad much easier to type as you can actually use more than two thumbs to do it. The typing on PB isn't something I would rave about, either in portrait mode or landscape mode. Thumb typing is better on smaller/lighter device.
    I find it easier to type with an Playbook. i can type by just holding it and using both thumbs. When i've used the ipad i find that I always need to lay it down somewhere in order to type, and using multiple fingers doesnt feel natural if you're typing in glass..

Just my opinion thou.

Plus: i have small hands.. so the playbook portability is a mayor advantage for me. I can show something to someone on my pb securely holding it with one hand (holding a pb like an FBI badge). I need 2 hands to do that on the ipad.
    Last edited by alekza; 02-10-12 at 10:42 AM.
    Willard814 and Podgorica like this.
    02-10-12 10:11 AM
    lmao alekza... girl you are too much! That's some funny stuff!

02-10-12 10:14 AM
    point being..you can stand up and type a message anywhere as opposed to looking for something to lay ipad on to type...harder standing up and holding a 10 inch tablet and typing with thumbs..case being playbook more portable
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 10:25 AM
    I find it easier to type with an Playbook. i can type by just holding it and using both thumbs. When i've used the ipad i find that I always need to lay it down somewhere in order to type, and using multiple fingers doesnt feel natural if you're typing in glass..

Just my opinion thou.
    You must have a huge hand. My hands are not small, but I have hard time reaching middle keys (g,h) unless I change the grip and let my fingers hold the PB instead of my palm.

I usually end up holing it by one hand, and use the other hand to type.
    02-10-12 10:40 AM
    point being..you can stand up and type a message anywhere as opposed to looking for something to lay ipad on to type...harder standing up and holding a 10 inch tablet and typing with thumbs..case being playbook more portable
    Doesn't the iPad (or any 10" tablet) have a portrait keyboard? If so, then that would likely be similar in size to typing on the PB in landscape. IDK, just asking.
    02-10-12 10:48 AM
    You must have a huge hand. My hands are not small, but I have hard time reaching middle keys (g,h) unless I change the grip and let my fingers hold the PB instead of my palm.

I usually end up holing it by one hand, and use the other hand to type.
    Actually i have pretty small hands too. But I have no trouble typing in landscape. I do hold the pb with the fingers thou... but my case gives me a good grip so no trouble or chance of it slipping.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 10:50 AM
    Isn't the ipads screen more square?
    02-10-12 10:57 AM
    but Apple is releasing a 7" model according to rumours.

what then?
    02-10-12 11:06 AM
    The guatemalteca blackberry addict is back for good, eh?

All power to the PlayBook.

what then?
    We'll see then.

Stop trolling around.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 11:10 AM
    Made me chuckle.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 11:15 AM

what then?
    Then SJ rolls over in his grave. Didn't he say something like no one would buy/use/want a 7" tablet. I could be wrong. Thought I heard something like this.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 11:16 AM

Just my opinion thou.

Plus: i have small hands.. so the playbook portability is a mayor advantage for me. I can show something to someone on my pb securely holding it with one hand (holding a pb like an FBI badge). I need 2 hands to do that on the ipad.
    I now own two tablets: 10 inch, and I bought a playbook recently to see how I liked it/ the 7inch size. Typing was one thing I noticed in that I had to agree much more with Steve Job's old comments. With the 10"/ipad size, I can (sortof) touch-type. It's similar to using a small laptop. At 7", it's thumb typing yes... A lot like typing on an oversized phone. The 7" size has its benefits, but I wouldn't call thumb typing one.
    02-10-12 11:17 AM

what then?
    No one will buy it. I thought all apple fans know that no one would want to use a 7" tablet and they all ready own an ipad.
    Willard814 and TTBGF like this.
    02-10-12 11:37 AM
    Then SJ rolls over in his grave. Didn't he say something like no one would buy/use/want a 7" tablet. I could be wrong. Thought I heard something like this.
    Indeed
    �7-inch tablets are tweeners: too big to compete with a smartphone and too small to compete with the iPad,� said Jobs, adding that competing manufacturers were struggling to meet the price point of the iPad, which starts at $500. Both Samsung and RIM have not announced pricing on their tablets.

�These are among the reasons that the current crop of 7-inch tablets are going to be DOA � dead on arrival,� Jobs said during the earnings call.
    [ Steve Jobs Says 7-Inch Tablets Are 'Dead on Arrival' | Gadget Lab | Wired.com ]
    Oh well...He is dead and the world is a better place. I'll give him that.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-10-12 11:46 AM
    Indeed
    “7-inch tablets are tweeners: too big to compete with a smartphone and too small to compete with the iPad,” said Jobs, adding that competing manufacturers were struggling to meet the price point of the iPad, which starts at $500. Both Samsung and RIM have not announced pricing on their tablets.

“These are among the reasons that the current crop of 7-inch tablets are going to be DOA — dead on arrival,” Jobs said during the earnings call.
    [ Steve Jobs Says 7-Inch Tablets Are 'Dead on Arrival' | Gadget Lab | Wired.com ]
    I'm shocked at this comment. I sure hope you didn't intend for it to come across they way it reads. Very bad form.
    TTBGF, Willard814 and diegonei like this.
    02-10-12 11:59 AM
    Also, this post will be pointless once 10" PB comes out.

Point is, the guy holding the PB on the picture won't be able to reach keys in the center without moving his hands. I had PB slip out few times when doing it so I usually just hold it with one hand and type with the other.
    02-10-12 12:21 PM
    How hard are you guys gripping your Playbook? When I'm typing it usually rests moreso on the base of my fingers than on my palms, which makes it easily to hit the middle keys. And a slight bend of the wrist makes it easier too.

On a sidenote, I think the new iOS 5 keyboard is split in half to make typing easier.
    02-10-12 12:34 PM
    How hard are you guys gripping your Playbook? When I'm typing it usually rests moreso on the base of my fingers than on my palms, which makes it easily to hit the middle keys. And a slight bend of the wrist makes it easier too.

On a sidenote, I think the new iOS 5 keyboard is split in half to make typing easier.
    I have to use my fingers to grip it, so not hard grip at all, then I can reach the middle keys. If I hold it like the guy in the photo, I won't be able to reach the middle keys.
    02-10-12 12:43 PM
    Indeed
    �7-inch tablets are tweeners: too big to compete with a smartphone and too small to compete with the iPad,� said Jobs, adding that competing manufacturers were struggling to meet the price point of the iPad, which starts at $500. Both Samsung and RIM have not announced pricing on their tablets.

�These are among the reasons that the current crop of 7-inch tablets are going to be DOA � dead on arrival,� Jobs said during the earnings call.
    Well, he was exactly right, on both tablets. Both Samsung and RIM priced 7" tablets at the price similar to iPads. They were not selling, until the massive price drop.

You can also see this within Samsung's product lineup. Their 10" tablet is selling way better than 7". It does seem there's much bigger market for 10" tablet than 7" tablet.
    02-10-12 12:46 PM
    the 7" form factor was key in me purchasing a playbook. 10" just seemed crazy to me. Honestly, I'd rather carry around a netbook then a 10" iPad with a crippled OS and browser.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-10-12 01:10 PM
    Well, he was exactly right, on both tablets. Both Samsung and RIM priced 7" tablets at the price similar to iPads. They were not selling, until the massive price drop.

You can also see this within Samsung's product lineup. Their 10" tablet is selling way better than 7". It does seem there's much bigger market for 10" tablet than 7" tablet.
    He was right but not exactly right. He was saying they wouldn't succeed due to the 7" size when in fact (at least the PB) it has been struggling due to a few missing features, all of which will be corrected in days.
    02-10-12 01:19 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD