- CrackBerry Abuser
- 309 Posts
difference between backing up and syncing playbook and importance?
This isn't a stupid question, because I only have 2 gigabytes from the wonderful Rogers company for my wifi internet. So my question is can I just sync my playbook weekly and not bother with backups? I started to do a backup and stopped it because it would have taken too long. So will everything still work without the backup? I tried to update my iPod once and it said it would be 3 hours,so I haven't done it. Thing is, that I'm using my playbook all the time and hardly ever turn on my PC anymore, so I want to make sure I get all the playbook updates. Thx for any info.
- CrackBerry Master
11-22-2012, 09:37 PM #2
- 1,286 Posts
- Available upon request.
All a backup does is save everything from your PlayBook.
Syncing is one method of adding media (music, video) from your computer to your PlayBook.
Neither are necessary (but backups are always recommended)
Updates can be achieved OTA thru Wifi on your PlayBook.XoXoXo
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-22-2012, 09:40 PM #3
- 194 Posts
Your PlayBook should work fine whether you back it up or not. Syncing is much the same; once you have everything you want on our PlayBook, it's not especially necessary to sync it unless some of the information or data has changed. Not sure why you are concerned about your data limit; it really doesn't have anything to do with backing up or syncing. You'll still get any updates that are rolled out.
- By stevefrombcs in forum Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 2Last Post: 12-31-2008, 08:10 AM
- By damon41978 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:06 PM
- By dynalmadman in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-18-2008, 05:32 PM
- By dynalmadman in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-18-2008, 05:32 PM
- By Jperez18 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM