I know that the answer to this used to be a qualified no; but I am hoping things have improved.

On a long road trip...

While my Storm is holstered (on my hip), it is connected by bluetooth to (a) my car, and (b) my playbook. If Iwant I can initiate a call by dialing from the dashboard radio/computer or by voice dialing, or I can answer a call via the steering wheel. I never have to pull out the phone or touch it to make or receive a call.

At the same time, the Storm is connected to my Playbook via bluetooth and the bridge application. My passenger can use the Playbook while I am driving to search the internet for a nearby restaurant, or any other local stop we may want to make. It would be nice if the passenger could select a phone number from the internet page and tap to dial that number; the Playbook would then send that tapped number to the Storm to dial; and then when connected, we can make reservations via the car speakers without having to stop, get out the phone, get distracted, etc...

Does anyone know if there is there any app that can run in the Playbook background, read a phone number directly from any internet page, and send it to the BB Phone to dial?

Thanks for reading, I hope a solution exists.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-16-13 02:44 PM
    i wish,,, i've always said that the pb has all the hardware needed to do this, but no one ever built on the idea,,, the pb would make an outstanding speakerphone via bridge...
    Carl Estes and EchoesFX like this.
    12-16-13 06:39 PM
    There was a an App that would dial the phone for you, so it is possible. I forget the name of the app, but you ran it on both the PlayBook and the phone and when you needed to dial a number the app looked up, it dialed your phone using a feature of Bridge.

Edit:

The app that could dial was Poynt.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-17-13 at 05:18 PM.
    12-17-13 01:52 PM
    There was a an App that would dial the phone for you, so it is possible. I forget the name of the app, but you ran it on both the PlayBook and the phone and when you needed to dial a number the app looked up, it dialed your phone using a feature of Bridge.

Edit:

The app that could dial was Poynt.
    looks like a cool app,,, but it looks like it only works for business searches, i.e. theaters, resturaunts, etc., not personal contacts...
    12-18-13 04:24 AM