Does the computer that prints using the "Print To Go" software also need Desktop

Software loaded?
    03-04-12 07:20 PM
    You don't use DM for Print to Go. Go to the Blackberry site and dowload the software that creates the virtual printer on your desktop. Then you print to this virtual printer and it apears in the Playbook.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-softwa...rint-to-go.jsp
    Last edited by BB_Phoenix; 03-04-12 at 07:28 PM.
    03-04-12 07:23 PM
    That's what I thought...I haven't gotten Print to Go to work and I have a ticket going on Custumer service...One of the agents told me I need DM to have it work...
    03-04-12 07:47 PM
    Just follow the instructions on the link I gave you and you will be all set.
    03-04-12 07:49 PM
    I've been trying to get it to work and everything is setup , but can't get past the BB ID login screen after hit the print button, the same type of problem I'm having with App World. This is ridiculous!!!
    03-04-12 08:21 PM
    I've been trying to get it to work and everything is setup , but can't get past the BB ID login screen after hit the print button, the same type of problem I'm having with App World. This is ridiculous!!!
    Check your ISP speed. Sometime this happens when you have slow connection. Try it couple of times... eventually it will get through. Happened to me too, but once you are done with the setup, you can't stop printing...
    03-04-12 08:35 PM
    Check your ISP speed. Sometime this happens when you have slow connection. Try it couple of times... eventually it will get through. Happened to me too, but once you are done with the setup, you can't stop printing...
    I've got great speed (54Mbps), I've tried it several times and even tried it in 2 different word processors, no go. I'm sure it has something to do with me not being able to login with my BB ID any where. Thanks for the help.
    03-04-12 09:30 PM
    My experience is that it works perfectly in my house where my PLAYBOOK is on the same network. But if I try to send something from work to my PLAYBOOK at home it doesn't go through. I don't see the firewall blocking anything at work so I'm not sure what's going on
    03-04-12 10:12 PM
    My experience is that it works perfectly in my house where my PLAYBOOK is on the same network. But if I try to send something from work to my PLAYBOOK at home it doesn't go through. I don't see the firewall blocking anything at work so I'm not sure what's going on
    I don't think I will work if your PB and PC don' share the same wifi connection.

Send from my PlayBook using TapaTalk
    03-04-12 10:36 PM
    I've got great speed (54Mbps), I've tried it several times and even tried it in 2 different word processors, no go. I'm sure it has something to do with me not being able to login with my BB ID any where. Thanks for the help.
    I believe you may have to disable a pop up blocker in your default browser. Strange but true. Good luck
    03-04-12 11:37 PM
    There is a good section on Print To Go in the user guide... click below my signature.
    03-04-12 11:40 PM
    Ok, now I'm getting somewhere,where I'm not sure. Anyhow I spent my whole weekend with Blackberry service working on my log in issue and the Print to go issue, I'm having the same problem as Bob. Well to make a long story short after Doing a reinstall of the version 2.0 on Fri, which didn't fix the problem, I changed my BB ID on Sat, this became a real circus because you loose all your paid Apps, the rep. told me I'd be refunded but but then on Sun I called about my apps and a women told me "no go" So now I have a new ID missing some of my apps and I still can't log in. There is something wrong here
    03-05-12 06:58 AM
    Others, myself included, were having this problem. Turns out, if you have AVG antivirus on your desktop, this is blocking your log in. If you have AVG, disable it and then try to log in. To disable AVG, open it, go to tools, advanced settings, then click on Temporarily Disable AVG.
    Bob31464 and jf1444 like this.
    03-05-12 02:15 PM
    Others, myself included, were having this problem. Turns out, if you have AVG antivirus on your desktop, this is blocking your log in. If you have AVG, disable it and then try to log in. To disable AVG, open it, go to tools, advanced settings, then click on Temporarily Disable AVG.
    Thanks for your suggestion but I have Avira and I've tried many avenues to get Print to go to work....I am becoming convinced that it might be related to this issue I'm also experiencing. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mputer-706254/
    03-05-12 05:51 PM
    That was it!!! I disabled AVG and both worked perfectly. Am I going to have to do this every time?

jmjiloveyou - You might try disabling your virus protection temporarily and see what happens.

Edit: I answered my own question, I let my BB App World session timeout and signed back in after AVG started back up and everything went through just fine. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Bob314; 03-05-12 at 08:07 PM.
    03-05-12 07:48 PM
    That solution ought to get stickied somewhere. Lol. I don't know if it happens with any other antivirus but it led me a merry dance for a couple of days too.
    03-05-12 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD