My brand new playbook 4g lte 32gb version, doesn't detect any wifi signals. I just got it out of the box. As it doesn't connect to wifi, I cannot set it up. The device came with 2.0 version.
    I tried to upgrade it to 2.1 by connecting to Blackberry Desktop software ver 7.1 (just downloaded yesterday 10/24/2014). The desktop software says "Updated Software Component Must Be Installed" when I click on install, it says "please wait.." after a while says "An error has occurred while downloading the BlackBerry� Desktop Software. Please try again."

I tried updating my Torch 9800 and Tour 9630 but it does the same thing.

I would really appreciate if some one could help me fix this problem.
    thanks
    --Sasi.
    Anna McMullen likes this.
    10-25-14 09:48 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

First troubleshooting to try is to Restart everything. Disconnect any BB device from PC. Restart PC. Reset PlayBook by simultaneously holding down 3 buttons (Power, Volume Up & Down) for about a minute or so.

After the reboots, try again.
    10-25-14 09:55 AM
    Hi,
    I bought a ATT branded play book 4gLTE 32 gb from ebay. Iam in India and I donot have a 4G simcard to have any carrier. I was trying to connect to my home's wifi network.
    I tired rebooting with powerbutton and volume buttons pressed. But it is of no use.
    Regarding the BB desktop software, I uninstalled my previous versions, rebooted, installed latest 7.1.0.42.
    Still I have the same problem.
    any help is highly appreciated.
    10-25-14 10:12 AM
    The problem you're having with the Desktop Software is the EXACT same problem I am having but with BlackBerry Link anytime I try to reload an OS on any of my BB10 phones. I've tried it with my Z10, Q10, and Z30. Right after it searches for the update it says "an updated BlackBerry Desktop Software component must be updated to continue " and then it downloads the update, goes to install it and then pops up with "an error has occurred in installation" and then disconnects my phone and won't reconnect. I have tried everything to include reinstalling Link and starting from the beginning. I may have to try this with the Desktop software and my PlayBook to see if the problem is the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:31 PM
    I had the exact same problem and finally remembered my pc had bluetooth. So.......I chose the. bluetooth connection and ... slowly but surely immediately BACKED IT UP! whew ....
    Then backed up my 9930 in the same way...

For some reason or another a .dll was missing and kept coming up on the error report and I couldn't get either BB recognized via usb.

Try it
    drvega likes this.
    11-07-14 10:29 PM