I connect my PlayBook to my pc and the DeskTop Manager opens. It recognizes my PlayBook but it says it needs to update the PlayBook to 2.0.1.358. But my PlayBook has already been updated.

My DM is version 6.1.0.36.

I'm simply attempting to drag a video from my pc to the PB.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    05-04-12 12:55 PM
    I would update DM. That's an older version I believe. I'm currently using DM 7 from Beta Zone which works well and was made available to anyone who wants it.
    05-04-12 01:00 PM
    It wants to update desktop manager to version 7 once it does you'll be good to go.
    05-04-12 01:06 PM
    yeah, u need to get the beta DM 7 from blackberry betazone or w/e it is lol.
    I did and the DM works perfectly w/ new OS build on PB
    05-04-12 01:07 PM
    RIM likes to keep us confused.
    Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.1.0.35 is the latest official release version. There is no reason you should need 7.0.
    There is another component though. Blackberry Device Manager 7.0 which gets installed the first time you connect your OS 2.0 Playbook to your computer. Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.x requires Blackberry Device Manager 7.x to communicate with a Playbook that is running OS 2.0.x.
    The odd thing is when you check the version info in Blackberry Device Manager 7.0 it shows as 6.0.0.44.
    bbfan1040 and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-04-12 03:10 PM
    Just perform the update and see what appends after that . Mine got an extra-update of 18MB ... don't know really what was in. May depend on your location (U.E/FR here)
    05-04-12 03:47 PM
    I had the same issue, I updated BB desktop beta 7 from betazone @ https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item= fixed mine.
    05-04-12 03:58 PM
    RIM likes to keep us confused.
    Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.1.0.35 is the latest official release version. There is no reason you should need 7.0.
    There is another component though. Blackberry Device Manager 7.0 which gets installed the first time you connect your OS 2.0 Playbook to your computer. Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.x requires Blackberry Device Manager 7.x to communicate with a Playbook that is running OS 2.0.x.
    The odd thing is when you check the version info in Blackberry Device Manager 7.0 it shows as 6.0.0.44.
    Ok...now I'm really confused. Guess I'm glad I'm already on DM7. JK!
    05-04-12 04:02 PM
    Blackberry desktop software version 7.0.0.58 is what you want.
    05-04-12 04:14 PM
    All this is confusing, I agree.
    My BB Desktop Software and BB Device Manager version as below:
    Attachment 109427
    Attachment 109428
    No problem with this software combination and PB 2.0.1 Bundle 358 on my end.
    Search this forum, there're a couple of threads dealing with similar problems.
    05-04-12 09:44 PM
    I had an issue with mine last night but I noticed when I clicked the "device" drop down in DM it appeared it was trying to connect to my phone not the PB. My PC wasn't properly registering the Playbook being plugged into the PC so a reboot on the PC (and Playbook just to be safe) fixed my issue.
    05-05-12 12:53 AM
    Sheeeeesh, guys. THANKS for all the responses. But I installed v7.0 of the dm and it still isn't being seen by my pc.

To make matters worse, the dm says my pb is running an old os and wants me to update to v2.0 which I already did the day it was released.

Any other suggestions? I'm going crazy here. I absolutely need to drop a prezzie onto my pb for a meeting later this week!!!

Again, I appreciate your responses!
    05-07-12 07:47 PM
    There are about 3 other threads with this problem. The answer is: You're screwed. I'd know. I haven't been able to connect my playbook to my computer for weeks.

Lovely.
    05-07-12 08:20 PM
    But there are other ways to get your files onto your playbook. Try dropbox, or send yourself the presentation via email and download it onto your playbook.

Anyone with a blackberry needs to get used to learning the workarounds.
    05-07-12 08:22 PM
    Sheeeeesh, guys. THANKS for all the responses. But I installed v7.0 of the dm and it still isn't being seen by my pc.

To make matters worse, the dm says my pb is running an old os and wants me to update to v2.0 which I already did the day it was released.

Any other suggestions? I'm going crazy here. I absolutely need to drop a prezzie onto my pb for a meeting later this week!!!

Again, I appreciate your responses!
    You shouldn't need to use the desktop software to access your PlayBook as long as the actual device manager can see and connect to your PB. If it can you should be able to access your files and drag and drop whatever you want directly. Make sure file sharing is turned on in your PB settings, then when you plug it in Device Manager should see it and prompt that your PB is mapped to a drive (mine shows up as Z in My Computer)
    05-08-12 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD