This is drive me crazy; I've got both PBs (16Gb and 32Gb) already updated with the new OS 2.0.1.358 and today when I try to transfer some files from my PC the Desktop Manager is still saying that I have to updated the OS. I read already couple posts on this forum about this and some guys are recommend to download the Desktop Manager vers.7. I checked the BB official site and the last version is Desktop Software v6.1.0 B38 which I'm using already. I'm confused and fustrated because I can't transfer any files on my PBs. In Desktop Manager if I choose files the message is: " Your blackberry device is not compatible with this feature.", also I can see the PB on my explorer, but I can see it in BB Device Manager as been connected

Any advice is appreciated.
    Thx.
    05-06-12 11:33 AM
    The latest official is DM6 but some are having the exact issue you describe above using it. Definitely upgrade to DM7 - I think there's a prompt somewhere when you connect your pb (I believe the threads you mentioned tell you where cuz I didn't do it that way & don't remember) or you can head over to Beta Zone and download the latest beta, which works great for me.
    05-06-12 11:58 AM
    Hi rogerius

I had a similar problem last week (if not, exactly the same problem)

My upgrade to 2.0.1.358 had been over the air,
    but last week, when I USB connected the PlayBook to Desktop Manager for the first time after the OTA Upgrade, I had the same issues that you are suffering

After lots of USB connections and re-connections (the device drivers on the PC finally upgraded), and then Desktop Manager recognised my PlayBook as 2.0.1.358, and that I did not need another PB upgrade

I assume that all this problem was caused by the upgraded PB needing newer Device Drivers on the PC

I am sure that one of the techies on CB, can give us a much better explanation
    05-06-12 12:01 PM
    Hi rogerius

I had a similar problem last week (if not, exactly the same problem)

My upgrade to 2.0.1.358 had been over the air,
    but last week, when I USB connected the PlayBook to Desktop Manager for the first time after the OTA Upgrade, I had the same issues that you are suffering

After lots of USB connections and re-connections (the device drivers on the PC finally upgraded), and then Desktop Manager recognised my PlayBook as 2.0.1.358, and that I did not need another PB upgrade

I assume that all this problem was caused by the upgraded PB needing newer Device Drivers on the PC

I am sure that one of the techies on CB, can give us a much better explanation
    Absolutely correct. You should have gotten a prompt to update your device drivers when you connected your pb. If not, this is where you need to look first.
    05-06-12 12:08 PM
    I had same issue, never managed to fix it but did get the files transferred over wifi. Works for now.
    05-06-12 06:58 PM
    DM 7 was removed from the blackberry site because of issues. It only stayed up for like a couple of days. DM 7 is now in the blackberry beta zone for anyone that wants to get it from there. Only official is DM 6 right now on blackberry site
    05-07-12 04:24 PM
    Just to give you an update what I did to get working:
    - Uninstalled the device manager (v6.0)
    - Uninstalled the desktop manager (v6.0)
    - Cleaned the registry with CCleaner (was a lot of entries in the reg file related with BB)
    - Installed the device manager (v7.0)
    - Installed the desktop manager from Beta Zone (v7.0)
    - Connected the PB and "BOOM" is working
    05-12-12 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD