RF interference from the Bluetooth mouse is interfering with the wifi connection on my playbook when connected. They are both using the 2.4Ghz frequency.

Mouse: DELL 5-Button Bluetooth Travel Mouse

Router: Dir-615 (Dlink)

It's not a dual band router so I can't set the PB to connect on the 5Ghz frequency. What else can I do to minimize the interference? The drop in connectivity is HUGE. Speed goes from 20MBps down to less than 1MBps (~300kbps). Web pages take forever to load and videos forget about it.
    04-25-12 08:24 AM
    Bump. Anyone experiencing this with their Bluetooth device?
    04-27-12 10:21 AM
    I have the same router but a different KB/Mouse combo (Logitech). No interference I can tell. So when your mouse is disconnected, your speeds are OK? Does it affect any other wireless device?

edit: I should clarify I do not connect my Logitech KB/Mouse to my PB.
    04-27-12 11:35 AM
    Had similar problems with my Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 and a BT Infinity wifi setup (I'm in the UK). Most noticable when streaming video (MLB.com - go Jays) which became unusable when Bluetooth was working. Changed the channel on the wifi from its default channel 6 to channel 11 - lucky guess - and it cleared up straight away.

There seems to be some randomness to Bluetooth-wifi interference, it's worth going through the channels until you find what works best for you...
    04-27-12 12:56 PM
    Had similar problems with my Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 and a BT Infinity wifi setup (I'm in the UK). Most noticable when streaming video (MLB.com - go Jays) which became unusable when Bluetooth was working. Changed the channel on the wifi from its default channel 6 to channel 11 - lucky guess - and it cleared up straight away.

There seems to be some randomness to Bluetooth-wifi interference, it's worth going through the channels until you find what works best for you...
    Right now I have the router set to auto scan all channels. I'll try fixing to a single channel.

I have the same router but a different KB/Mouse combo (Logitech). No interference I can tell. So when your mouse is disconnected, your speeds are OK? Does it affect any other wireless device?

Yes speeds are fine as soon as I switch the mouse power off. The interference is definitely with the BT mouse. I only use this mouse with the PB. I'll try connecting it to another wireless device like my laptop to see if the same problem happens.
    04-30-12 07:32 AM

I went through each of the 11 channels and all had the same problem. Some channels were slightly better than others, but i'm still only able to hit about 10% of normal speeds when BT is on.

I connected the same mouse to my laptop using BT. No problems with speed here. Worked flawlessly. So the problem is definitely b/w the mouse and the Playbook. Luckily I don't use it very often with the PB, but i bought the mouse purposely for the Playbook. :S
    05-07-12 08:30 AM
    I have the same mouse (in gloss white) with a linksys n3000 router. No interference problems here =/ sorry buddy wish I could help.

On the same note, my Microsoft wireless mouse interferes with the signal and gets choppy whenever 2 computers connect to network. Hate it!
    05-13-12 10:50 PM
    And someone has reported that the rim by pb keyboard also interferes with wifi and browsing.
    05-13-12 11:34 PM
    So now I'm wondering if it's the playbook that's the problem or the mouse. I don't have another BT mouse to try but i don have another playbook so I'll try the same mouse with another playbook and post my results.
    05-17-12 07:24 AM
    So now I'm wondering if it's the playbook that's the problem or the mouse. I don't have another BT mouse to try but i don have another playbook so I'll try the same mouse with another playbook and post my results.
    Visit a retailer where BlackBerry PlayBooks are sold and try connecting your Bluetooth mouse to one of the demo units. And if possible try another Bluetooth mouse, Logitech V470 for instance, to your own tablet while in the store. Another test is to use bridge-mode to surf the web and see if your current Bluetooth mouse affects throughput.
    05-17-12 10:13 AM
    Check out this thread, experiencing similar problems but with the OEM BlackBerry keyboard:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-mini-722997/

In my case it's when I activate the BB remote control that my wifi speed gets severely affected. I explain my situation further down in the thread.
    05-17-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD