My new Playbook is having terrible Wi-Fi connection issues. My fiance's has been working perfectly right out of the box. I have to be within 1 foot of a router to have decent service.

I have tried everything I could think of to fix this. It's running the most up-to-date OS since I JUST opened the box last night, and during set-up it had me update (which took 3x longer for me than my fiance due to my poor reception).

I think I am going to take my Playbook back to Office Depot to exchange it for a new one, and I want to delete everything from it. Is there a faster way than doing a complete OS reload? I have only had it for 1 full day, and I (painstakingly) got a few apps from App World, which I assume when I associate my BBID to the new PB I will be able to re-download those for free. So there shouldn't be too much to delete.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    11-28-11 03:55 PM
    On the home screen, press the gear symbol on the topmost right, scroll to the "Security" tab, and select "Security Wipe".
    ChibiBlackSheep likes this.
    11-28-11 04:04 PM
    Thank you!
    11-28-11 04:51 PM
    The security wipe only takes a minute or two, so you can do it right at the return counter if you want to show them the weak signal.
    11-28-11 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD