I know it is probably impossible but...

Is there anyway to mount the PlayBook so you can try and run some of recovery software?
    03-15-13 12:48 PM
    Actually, that should be possible. Go to the Gear, select Storage & Sharing, turn on FIle Sharing and connect it to a computer with USB. The drive should show up on the computer. Run the recovery scan against that drive. See if it finds anything.
    03-15-13 01:13 PM
    I've tried that, it never shows up in Disk Management or in any file recovery software...Think you have to mount it since it is a virtual drive?
    03-15-13 01:17 PM
    Might need one of those special recovery apps for USB attached (camera) drives. I have used them to recover JPGs and various video format files from USB attached drives. Since the PlayBook should just look like a USB attached drive, I'm not sure why that wouldn't work.
    03-15-13 01:41 PM
    I've tried "recover my files" software to do this (as I've used it to recover files from an sd card)
    It saw the playbook as a drive, but didn't recover any files at all. I was going to play about with but didn't fancy messing up the pbook and possibly having to reload all my files again. 64gb takes a while to reload! Might try with my 16gb when I get some time, but if you get any success would be good to know.
    Re deleted files I have run photo editor (side loaded) and it brought up thumbnails of photos that had been deleted from the pbook many months previously and they didn't show up in any other photo editor or file manager, I couldn't open them as full size though but does that mean there is possibly a "recycle bin" somewhere on this?
    03-15-13 01:57 PM
    Just tried Recover My Files...Doesn't show up.
    03-15-13 02:12 PM
    Sorry. Obviously another case of WE ALL should BACKUP more often than we do!
    03-15-13 04:43 PM