This morning I was getting my emails when I noticed this: when I had emails on the playbook (via bridge) as soon as I deleted them, they also were deleted from my bold 9000. However now I have to delete from playbook and my bridged emails as they don't link for some reason. There must be something I need to alter here, anyone?
    Cheers
    02-22-12 07:00 AM
    Easiest thing to do is to stop bridge for those email accounts you have in common. Go to the bridge icon on your phone, click the tablet and uncheck the bridged emails.
    02-22-12 07:03 AM
    i have the same question but no one could give me an answer. How dumb it is for email to work only one way.
    02-22-12 07:29 AM
    Just as homer said go to bridge onthe phone and disable what is displayed on the PB
    02-22-12 08:14 AM
    I found kind a solution for this, if you check your mail via the bridge application then it automatically delete it from the native app, but not the other way around. I found this ok for checking email and native to the write mail.
    fernandez21 likes this.
    02-22-12 08:28 AM
    As was said already, on your phone go into BB Bridge, scroll over your playbook, press the BB button, click on Device Properties, and uncheck the email addresses you don't want to pop up in your bridged email. Save and you're done.

Works like a charm.
    02-22-12 08:38 AM
    The one thing I loved about my Curve 8330 when it was my primary phone was the ability to delete e-mail on the Curve and the option to delete it as well on my PC. Now, and especially now that we have the PB with native e-mail, I have to delete what I don't want on my PB, repeat this with my PC, and then again delete the same messages from my iPhone. Damn you RIM for giving my PB native e-mail.
    02-22-12 08:45 AM
    I found kind a solution for this, if you check your mail via the bridge application then it automatically delete it from the native app, but not the other way around. I found this ok for checking email and native to the write mail.
    This is what I do. It's weird when you make read or delete emails on the phone they update instantly across all your other devices (pc, playbook) but if you check the same email on your pc or playbook it takes forever to update on the phone.
    02-22-12 09:11 AM
    This morning I was getting my emails when I noticed this: when I had emails on the playbook (via bridge) as soon as I deleted them, they also were deleted from my bold 9000. However now I have to delete from playbook and my bridged emails as they don't link for some reason. There must be something I need to alter here, anyone?
    Cheers
    The bridge email IS your blackberry's email. Native email on the playbook is separate - just like outlook is separate... I appreciate your honest question, but I sure hope we aren't all going to saddled with countless threads on "why isn't native email in sync with the bridge"... If you want it "in sync" just use the bridge, cause that is in sync.... Playbook native email gives us a totally separate option, same as outlook, thunderbird or any other email client.
    02-22-12 09:20 AM
    Look at it this way....if you own a BB it seems suggested you use Bridge...if not, use the native apps to the PB.
    02-22-12 09:41 AM
    I think the point was essentially, why does it take the NOC forever to update BIS email. On my 9900, my BES email stays in sync within seconds...regardless of where any email interaction took place (Blackberry, Playbook, Desktop, other tablet, iOS or Android), all devices reflect the changes almost instantly.

I also have my Gmail account setup through the BIS (not the crap Gmail app) and it sync's my Calendar, Contacts & email...the problem is email interaction on my Blackberry is reflected across all other devices relatively quickly (not as quick as BES), but if the interaction took place on any device OTHER than my Blackberry, the changes can take hours to update (and sometimes they don't update at all, and just become stragglers I have to manually move/delete etc.). Often times, I would send myself a "test" email from my device, then it sort of wakes up and syncs everything right away (totally unacceptable in this day & age).

Now, this problem will be more apparent to those using the native email app on their Playbook. Not sure why this is the case, but it has been frustrating for POP/IMAP users for the longest time, and now Playbook owners will be wondering why the native email app on their Playbook works much faster (as far as updating across devices) than their actual Blackberry device running through BIS.
    Last edited by ronag; 02-22-12 at 10:15 AM.
    02-22-12 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD