I security wiped my PB OS2 yesterday to get a more stable OS2. It worked, much more stable now and battery drain back to normal. I avoided sideloading apps for now to ensure stability.
    Still there's a lingering issue that exists - I try to make a bookmark on homescreen from the Browser and it never saves. (Well, most my bookmarks save fine except for one in particular that worked in most recent OS2 Beta, a specific Shoutcast radio station, #DNBRADIO if you're wondering)

Anyhow after looking into things a bit I'm concerned it wasn't wiped fully. I thought security wipe meant Factory Defaults. Why then do I still see some networks under Wifi settings that I havenh't connected to since the Super Bowl?? They're 6 miles from me and I haven't driven there since. They are showing in the Saved Networks list!

I don't get it.

Needless to say I will be trying the super slow debrick method later
    02-27-12 09:31 AM
    If I recall (gray matter might be slow), the pb can get wifi info from a bridged bb phone. So that could explain what you see.

Actually, when I did a debrick (it did not work 3 times after 2 hours each!!!), my pb still retained my original password. So Debrick does not strip it of everything either.

These are just MY impressions. Others might have additional info or opinions.
    02-27-12 10:21 AM
    wow you're right, it's reading the Bridge networks, I turned off Bridge and the networks went away. Thanks for the insight.

The slow response of the debrick method and the finickyness of it is why I have not tried it again. At work it looks like it will take 6+ hrs and at home probably 2.But the last time I tried it gave an error in Windows after 30 min. It won't even start on my Mac on latest Desktop Manager

dam dam dam
    02-27-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD