Ok, just bought a playbook, trying to download apps from the bb store. Website asks for bb id and password, ok no problem. Another screen opens and says "you have a device password enabled....". First of all, i didn't enable any password when setting up, second, the bb id associated password doesn't work, and that's the only one I've ever used for bb. Please help! This is pretty annoying! Thanks
    06-16-12 10:28 AM
    Have you tried your BB ID and password on the BB site to confirm it works?
    06-16-12 10:43 AM
    If all else fails... do to security wipe and re-install OS... may threads on this site on how to do it....I am sure someone might have other ideas but this is how I fixed mine.... Chances are somethng got entered in the security settings when you set up your Playbook.... does happen not sure how but does....
    06-16-12 10:47 AM
    I'm assuming it is referring to the PlayBook password. Go to settings (the gear icon in the upper right corner) then Security, then Password. You can enable or disable the pwd from there.

Hope this helps.
    06-16-12 10:50 AM
    Are you using appworld website or appworld app?
    06-16-12 11:23 AM
    Are you using appworld website or appworld app?
    What Bmore is getting at is the PB will not download apps connected to pc via web site, only through wifi via the built in App World application.
    06-16-12 12:05 PM
    What Bmore is getting at is the PB will not download apps connected to pc via web site, only through wifi via the built in App World application.
    That said, get some WiFi and launch the AppWorld (the app) that comes preloaded on your PlayBook.

Bridge won't fo for this.
    06-16-12 12:25 PM
    had the same issue yesterday.

this isn't a new pb however. it is password locked.

the app world PC plug in would not accept the pb password.

only an annoyance since i am still able to use app world on the pb and bb.

this might be a temp issue as i'm sure i've used the PC to purchase pb apps before.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    06-16-12 01:11 PM
    Did you buy it at a store? Or private sale?
    06-16-12 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD