My Playbook appears to have suddenly died. It was fully charged and functioning fine up to a few minutes ago. It was on my desk and noticed an alert like the one used on appointment reminders. When I picked it up, it was dead, holding down the power button for any length of time does nothing. When plugged into the charger there are no signs of life either. The device is almost two years old and is running the latest OS.

Has anyone experienced this? Are there any solutions?

Thanks
    01-05-14 06:02 PM
    I have not experienced this, yet.... I would suggest that while plugged in. Hold down on both volume keys and the power key for a bit. Its a full reboot and that may bring it back. I have mine not connecting to Desktop Manager or Link.......for a year now......kinda sad. All the work arounds that were provided to me via these forums have, alas, not helped.

Hope that helps you. If not I would call BlackBerry and see if they have a tech that might know what a PlayBook is.......

I want a new one. Running BB10! is that really too much to ask? LOL

cheers.
    01-05-14 06:13 PM
    Problem solved; held down the + and - buttons on the top and it reset.
    01-05-14 06:14 PM
    Thanks XDrew42, that did the trick, still don't know what freaked it out. I also wish 10 would be released for this because I love this device, most other tablets feel like toys.

I have not experienced this, yet.... I would suggest that while plugged in. Hold down on both volume keys and the power key for a bit. Its a full reboot and that may bring it back. I have mine not connecting to Desktop Manager or Link.......for a year now......kinda sad. All the work arounds that were provided to me via these forums have, alas, not helped.

Hope that helps you. If not I would call BlackBerry and see if they have a tech that might know what a PlayBook is.......

I want a new one. Running BB10! is that really too much to ask? LOL

cheers.
    ots1960 likes this.
    01-05-14 06:17 PM