One of the 3 PBs i bought had s stuck pixel for the first few mins. I ran the screen helper and it fixed it but i want to know if i should exchange it or not as I'm within the 14 day return time frame.

Anyone know the probability of this problem re-occuring as I dont want to get stuck having to wait for a replacement later.
    11-30-11 10:15 PM
    It depends on why the pixel got stuck. If it was a software problem, I wouldn't sweat it. But if it was a hardware defect and you had to physically push the screen to correct it, go get a new one. Hasn't ever happened on mine though.
    11-30-11 10:17 PM
    Didn't do any physicsl push. It actually corrected itself right before I ran the screen helper app. I just ran it for good measure. My other 2 PBs didnt have any so I'm not sure if i need to worry about it.
    11-30-11 10:25 PM
    Once a display is burned in its pretty much stable - flaws show up over temperature extremes etc... maybe temp cycle it a few times. True of CCD's anyway not entirely sure about displays to be honest.
    11-30-11 10:57 PM
    One of the 3 PBs i bought had s stuck pixel for the first few mins. I ran the screen helper and it fixed it but i want to know if i should exchange it or not as I'm within the 14 day return time frame.

Anyone know the probability of this problem re-occuring as I dont want to get stuck having to wait for a replacement later.
    If it fixed it then no. You should not exchange it.
    11-30-11 11:22 PM
    There are reports of malfunctioning pixels fixing themselves.
    11-30-11 11:31 PM
    I had 2 very small dead or stuck pixels at the edge of the screen right hand side as you hold it, next to speaker, took it back, did a check before I left and the was a white pixel in the same place, it was a lot more noticable than mine. They then swapped it again, did the check and there were 2 in the same place as the others. 3rd time lucky and left, I'm picky and most people might not of noticed, but just keep a look out in that area. Still love my playbook and most devices have a pixel or dust under the screen, just take it back until your happy.
    12-01-11 12:39 PM
    I had 2 very small dead or stuck pixels at the edge of the screen right hand side as you hold it, next to speaker, took it back, did a check before I left and the was a white pixel in the same place, it was a lot more noticable than mine. They then swapped it again, did the check and there were 2 in the same place as the others. 3rd time lucky and left, I'm picky and most people might not of noticed, but just keep a look out in that area. Still love my playbook and most devices have a pixel or dust under the screen, just take it back until your happy.
    In reality, most PBs do not have a stuck pixel or dust under the screen.
    12-01-11 12:55 PM
    I think dead pixels by there very name never come on and will stay dead whatever you do, but stuck pixels can right themselves and probably never show up again.

I would keep the PB myself.
    12-01-11 12:55 PM
    My first one had all kinds of stuck pixels in vertical lines. Didn't even realize until i started reading these threads. I had just thought it was because of the zagg screenguard. My second one i opened up in the store and it has what i can only describe as an irregular pinhole that looks like it's through the screen below the glass, it's always white and is not affected by light. doesn't really look like dust. Was the only 32g they had in stock though so i'm waiting to open up a third box. Other than the pinhole this one is flawless and i am certain it runs way faster than the previous 16g /shrug
    12-01-11 01:51 PM
    I am on my 3rd Playbook also. Bought a new Playbook off of ebay. When I was going through the set up process noticed a dead pixel next to the G key on the keyboard. I tried the screen helper app but it did not solve the problem. Notifed the seller and he asked for pictures. I found it really hard to get the dead pixel to show up in a picture. The seller told me to send it to him and he will "inspect" it and give me a refund if he finds a dead pixel. He recieved it today and I am waiting on a refund. Meanwhile I bought a new one off Amazon. Got that one and when I turned it on I saw a stuck pixel. I could not unstick it so I sent it back and they exchanged it. Finally I turn on the new one praying for no dead pixels and luckly there was none.
    12-01-11 03:34 PM
    Looks like the stuck pixel is back. Stuck on blue. gonna try to find another one in stock somewhere to replace this one. i don't wanna have to wait 2 weeks to get another.
    12-01-11 11:13 PM
    How does the warranty work with stuck/dead pixels? and is exchanging a product after 14 days due to dead/stuck pixels usually out of the question?
    12-01-11 11:19 PM
    if people used the search tool here, there wouldn't be so many threads on the same issue #justsaying

here in malaysia, we go directly to the official distributer for warranty claims. i'm guessing it's different in USA.

our playbooks are really expensive here. i'm envious of those i see who have multiple PBs
    02-10-12 12:40 PM
    Sometimes there's a dead pixel on mine, however, only when the background is black, and you can not always spot it.

In daily use.. I Never see it, however when i'm at home, a little bored, I can notice it.

I didn't know there was something like screen helper, thanks alot for pointing that out. Trying it now.
    02-10-12 01:50 PM
    Yes, the stuck pixel can come back. But what you need to consider is that, if you decide to return/exchange, there is a good chance you'll get a Playbook with the same or even worse (e.g. multiple dead pixels) problem. See here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-pixel-657440/

So if the stuck pixel is not driving you absolutely insane, you may want to keep it.
    02-10-12 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD