08-06-12 09:17 PM
- So I didn't know that you cannot let your playbook die completely! There is no red light when i plug it up. I have tried to reset it (power button and volume for 20 sec), stack charging, computer charging, plugging it up above a surge protector and then turning that on a off, and iv even tried plugging and unplugging (constantly and plugging up for 10 sec leaving unplugged for 30 sec and then repeating)! I downloaded the software and plugged it in to my computer and still it will not charge and i can not get the red light to come on. Nothing is helping someone please help me!!!
*I am no longer in warranty!08-06-12 02:43 PM
I hope its just that too. Its awful when we're deprived of our BB's.
Keep us posted on the outcome.08-06-12 04:00 PM
- With the rapid charger, I think you are still suppose to try the Stack Charge concept. On, off, on, off, etc, etc - someone the other day posted that they did it for almost an hour I think using usb.
The computer really does not provide enough umpphh.
Also, another thing - make sure it is really OFF. Dark closet and no residual screen light.
Also with the normal ac adapter - fold and unfold the prongs, some of them have gone bad.
And you might still give rim a call. Some have found them honoring the warranty after the one year. BLAME it on the recalled OS update!!!!!
The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"
Canada toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
Email: email@example.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805
Playbook French Support
Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)08-06-12 05:27 PM
- Ben1232!!!! Omg thank you so much!!! The bought the rapid dock plugged it in... The red light came on and then the battery showed up!!! It is now charing (flashing green) $76 but well worth it!!! I could kiss so kiss you right now lol thank you man from the bottom of my heart!!!08-06-12 06:44 PMLike 2
- Ben1232!!!! Omg thank you so much!!! The bought the rapid dock plugged it in... The red light came on and then the battery showed up!!! It is now charing (flashing green) $76 but well worth it!!! I could kiss so kiss you right now lol thank you man from the bottom of my heart!!!
I've never been told that on Crackberry before.
That was quick, I guessed I'd hear from you in a weeks time.
I'm happy that you've finally got it to work08-06-12 07:01 PMLike 1
- Lol well there is a first time for everything!!!
I couldn't let another day go by with it being messed up! Oh the usb is working now too! Crazy right? I have no idea I guess it was dead dead lol I'm going to use the dock from now on though lol
Again thank you!!! lol08-06-12 07:28 PM
I've found all the help I've needed here on Crackberry when I've ran into problems.08-06-12 07:36 PM
- I've got the other rapid charger with the small plug on the end. They are really nice as they reduce the stress on the somewhat fragile usb port. Be aware both rapid chargers can sometimes give a false lightning bolt if not fully seated appropriate. I tend to watch for the first minute or so to see if the percentage goes up (I use Battery Guru).08-06-12 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD