Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rocklover25
  • 1 Post By Ben1232
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Dead! No Red light! No Green light! HELP

So I didn't know that you cannot let your playbook die completely! There is no red light when i plug it up. I have tried to reset it (power button and volume for 20 sec), stack charging, computer charging, plugging it up above a surge protector and then turning that on a off, and iv even tried plugging and unplugging (constantly and plugging up for 10 sec leaving unplugged for 30 sec and then repeating)! I downloaded the software and plugged it in to my computer and still it will not charge and i can not get the red light to come on. Nothing is helping someone please help me!!!

*I am no longer in warranty!
    CrackBerry Abuser

After you plug it in using the wall charger does the red light come on for a second or two?
    Last edited by fabfreddie; 08-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I wish but no. Iv tried leaving it pluged up to the wall charger for 24 hours and the computer for 24 hours. I cant get a redlight to apprear at all.
    CrackBerry Genius

Damaged usb socket ?

Try a rapid charger.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Whats a rapid charger? Sorry for the ignorance.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rocklover25 View Post
    Whats a rapid charger? Sorry for the ignorance.
    The large dock or the rapid travel charger at the front. They both use the same playbook charging socket which is not the usb socket

Thanked by 2:
    jafobabe (08-06-2012),  rocklover25 (08-06-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thank you ill see if i can find one! I dont know if its the dock or not but i hope that is all it is! I dont like not being able to use it; totally is my baby!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thank you ill see if i can find one! I dont know if its the dock or not but i hope that is all it is! I dont like not being able to use it; totally is my baby!!!
    No problem

I hope its just that too. Its awful when we're deprived of our BB's.

Keep us posted on the outcome.
    CrackBerry User

last resort you can jump start it, i have done this with my sons but it is dangerous.

how I jump started my playbook
    My hangout Drop by if you want.BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Rocking the Z10 and PlayBook 64 on the BES I maintain
    Follow me http://twitter.com/knottyrope
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Found one of the rapid chargers (the one in the back left) Best buy holding it! I pray it works! I will let you know thank you soooo much
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

If the rapid charger doesnt work ill try to consider the jump start (though that scares me to death; girl with no knowledge of electrical "jumping") LOL I tried taking the back off and taking the batter off and replacing it BUT i cant get it off LOL

With the rapid charger, I think you are still suppose to try the Stack Charge concept. On, off, on, off, etc, etc - someone the other day posted that they did it for almost an hour I think using usb.

The computer really does not provide enough umpphh.

Also, another thing - make sure it is really OFF. Dark closet and no residual screen light.

Also with the normal ac adapter - fold and unfold the prongs, some of them have gone bad.

And you might still give rim a call. Some have found them honoring the warranty after the one year. BLAME it on the recalled OS update!!!!!

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Ben1232!!!! Omg thank you so much!!! The bought the rapid dock plugged it in... The red light came on and then the battery showed up!!! It is now charing (flashing green) $76 but well worth it!!! I could kiss so kiss you right now lol thank you man from the bottom of my heart!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Ben1232!!!! Omg thank you so much!!! The bought the rapid dock plugged it in... The red light came on and then the battery showed up!!! It is now charing (flashing green) $76 but well worth it!!! I could kiss so kiss you right now lol thank you man from the bottom of my heart!!!
    LMAO

I've never been told that on Crackberry before.

That was quick, I guessed I'd hear from you in a weeks time.

I'm happy that you've finally got it to work
    jafobabe likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Lol well there is a first time for everything!!!

I couldn't let another day go by with it being messed up! Oh the usb is working now too! Crazy right? I have no idea I guess it was dead dead lol I'm going to use the dock from now on though lol

Again thank you!!! lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Lol well there is a first time for everything!!!

I couldn't let another day go by with it being messed up! Oh the usb is working now too! Crazy right? I have no idea I guess it was dead dead lol I'm going to use the dock from now on though lol

Again thank you!!! lol
    No problem.

I've found all the help I've needed here on Crackberry when I've ran into problems.

I've got the other rapid charger with the small plug on the end. They are really nice as they reduce the stress on the somewhat fragile usb port. Be aware both rapid chargers can sometimes give a false lightning bolt if not fully seated appropriate. I tend to watch for the first minute or so to see if the percentage goes up (I use Battery Guru).