Dead Battery on Playbook
Hey guys, so my Playbook's battery died, or "flat-out".
It used to be in the state where you tried booting it up, the 5x green/yellow lights came up following the red light. so I hopped into a few forums to see that there were several methods on reviving it (multiple stack-charging methods, power buttons, etc..) and came to no solution.
Stack charging didn't work because the micro-usb port is screwed up, and the button combination didn't do anything other than dragging my power down to the point where my Playbook won't even show any signs of life (no light whatsoever) anymore.
I also found some threads where some guys mentioned that a rapid charger that uses the 3-magnetic prongs port will be my only solution, can you guys verify that, along with throwing some ideas at me?
- 06-30-13, 10:26 AM #6
You might look into the usb port and see if the connector board is bent or slanted out of alignment. It should be level and close to the bottom. If so, you can GENTLY try pushing it back into position.
Go for the TRAVEL version of the rapid charger - more versatile.
I already inspected my usb port and one of the contacts got bent, I figure that it isn't of use anymore.
I already ordered a rapid charger via Amazon, but thanks anyways.
Edit: The charger just came in my mail two days early, plugged it in and now my Playbook is charging with the slow pulse green signal and a red battery with a lightning bolt on screen, thanks guys.
Last edited by David Illes; 07-02-13 at 02:47 PM.
- By lactose in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 14Last Post: 06-30-13, 06:09 AM
- By Blackman91 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-30-13, 05:10 AM
- By rb99 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-13, 04:53 PM
- By der_mit in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-13, 04:37 PM
- By Harry_III_UK in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 2Last Post: 06-29-13, 04:10 PM