Cannot find a similar topic. 3 times recently (last week or so) I have tried to turn my PB on with a swipe to find nothing happening and having to use the power button. All 3 times the battery is totally dead. This makes no sense as there has always been about 60/70pc charge left when I put it into standby with flightmode on, all apps closed, no BT or wi-fi. The only thing that hadls changed is the latest OS update. I'm doing everything else the same. Any idea what I can do to solve this? Or has this been a common bug in latest OS?
    11-02-12 03:46 PM
    Do you have any Native Mail and is any of it set to MANUAL sync? That is a known battery drainer and I don't know how airplane affects or does not affect it.

What about ANY android apps from any source - some of those can run in the background even when supposed stopped.

What else do you leave running?

Only change was the OS or did you add any new apps?
    11-02-12 05:45 PM
    diablodvs7, I rarely post here to actually suggest someone simply buy my app, but in your case it sounds like a no-brainer, at least if F2's good suggestions don't help you. It will show you (every two minutes) the actual power consumption of the device, but perhaps more importantly will log "in the background" (as long as the app is running, that is, though it doesn't need to be fullscreen and you don't need to enable Showcase mode for it to work properly). Guaranteed not to affect your consumption in any measurable fashion.

You could simply leave it running until the next time you have this problem, then after rebooting and restarting Battery Guru, export the data to CSV and inspect it in a spreadsheet program on your PC. (Or if it shut down in the last few hours, just check the graph in the app to see what happened.)

See https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/51274/ or search for Battery Guru. Please read the app's description so you can judge for yourself whether it's worth it to you to buy it.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    11-02-12 07:13 PM
    I have used Advanced App Manager to check for apps still open in the background particularly those from the Droid world and kill them. If you get Battery Guru wait a couple of minutes after you go into standby then start up again and you should see what the standby power draw is. Mine is generally below 0.08 watts which would give you low overnight battery loss. If I leave wifi on that will add some to it but of course you can go into airplane mode and prevent that.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-03-12 01:31 AM