http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/daylight-saving-time-begins-in-eastern-states/story-e6frfku0-1226155363136

Daylight Savings has started for New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory in Australia, unlike my 9700, the PlayBook has not changed its time.

You'll need to change it manually if you rely on it as your alarm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 03:46 PM
    http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/daylight-saving-time-begins-in-eastern-states/story-e6frfku0-1226155363136

Daylight Savings has started for New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, and the Australian Capital Territory in Australia, unlike my 9700, the PlayBook has not changed its time.

You'll need to change it manually if you rely on it as your alarm.

i live in nz and when our dst changed last week the playbook system clock didnt change but the network clock did . this it appears is because the std dst is hard coded so the playbook wont use the correct time untill the hard coded date. this is a major problem because even if tbe timd is manually changed the calendar will still be wrong aswill the alarm clock .hopefully os 2 will fix this
    10-02-11 12:10 AM
    This situation is really annoying...I'm in Oz and I've found that I have to leave my PB on the old time so appointments are scheduled at the right time; I can't input appointments on the PB or they change the appointment time on my torch and desktop...grrrr Tried all the re-boot and battery pull procedures, but to no avail. If anyone has any ideas, pleeeease let me know....

As with wiredr- I hope os2 fixes this....

cheers
    10-04-11 12:19 AM
    Date and Time settings just turn Auto Off and change the date manually?

Does that work?

10-04-11 12:38 AM
    no no and no the only way this is going to be corrected is with an os update or wait until 3rd sunday in oct
    10-04-11 12:46 AM
    no no and no the only way this is going to be corrected is with an os update or wait until 3rd sunday in oct
    I guess the obvious question: had anybody reported this to Rim? It sounds like a minor thing but having the time wrong is a major bug. Can you pick another time zone that can work around it.
    10-04-11 08:32 AM
    i live in nz and when our dst changed last week the playbook system clock didnt change but the network clock did . this it appears is because the std dst is hard coded so the playbook wont use the correct time untill the hard coded date. this is a major problem because even if tbe timd is manually changed the calendar will still be wrong aswill the alarm clock .hopefully os 2 will fix this
    I'm trying to understand what you are saying here.....what do you mean by system clock and network clock? And when you say your calendar and alarms are off, do you mean via Bridge? So wouldn't that indicate the problem is with your BB and not your Playbook? The Playbook clock should be independent of anything to do with the Bridge. If you turn off the auto clock setting and manually change it, your playbook time should be fine (until dst catches up or a patch is released). Any Calander appts or alarms that are wrong would be coming from your Blackberry. Have you tried manually changing the time on your Blackberry?
    10-04-11 10:08 AM
    system time is that which is hard coded into the os relevant for your location and cant be changed. network time is the time supplied by your isp and is used for screen display , message time , email time, calendar but the calendar on the pb uses sys time so events set on the pb will show on a bb as 1hr wrong how ever events sent to the pb with manually adjusted time from a bb will show as correct
    10-04-11 01:44 PM
    system time is that which is hard coded into the os relevant for your location and cant be changed. network time is the time supplied by your isp and is used for screen display , message time , email time, calendar but the calendar on the pb uses sys time so events set on the pb will show on a bb as 1hr wrong how ever events sent to the pb with manually adjusted time from a bb will show as correct
    OK, I figured that was what you meant, but that's where you've lost me. Since the PB is wifi only, it's not getting time/date from any network. If you set the clock to manual and change the time, that's it, it's done and it won't change. Since the PB doesn't have a native calendar or email, any issues you are having with the time not being right have absolutely nothing to do with the PB OS and everything to do with your BB OS since using these features over the Bridge is essentially just using a bigger screen to look at your BB.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here......
    10-04-11 10:34 PM
    Oh, crap, I was going to re-buy a PB this week. I'm not now if it can't tell the time properly!
    10-04-11 10:45 PM
    quensland don't have the day light saving thing….we don't have to change the time on our pb
    10-04-11 11:13 PM
    ok heres the details to temp change the time issue
    1. in the date and time options on the pb advance the time zone to any time zone that is 1hr ahead of the dst.
    2. set the update time to manual
    3. change displayed time to the current time
    exit job done .
    when the preprogrammed dst arrives then repeat above back to your correct time zone
    hope this helps
    10-05-11 01:03 AM
    got mine to work- temporary fix via info from bloke on BB forums...change timezone to Vladivostock!!!

EDIT: No I was wrong....didn't work- this is really bad. Getting rid of the Playbook and Storm...completely over BB...

df
    Last edited by davo22; 10-24-11 at 01:03 AM.
    10-06-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD