A little brief information regarding the situation..

The tablet was purchased from someone working inside blackberry and I did a data swipe on it thinking it would just erase the old information it had on it.. Never the less did I know that it would create this huge issue. Now after the data swipe only 2 apps appear... Browser & setup. The latest update is on it 2.1.0.1811 and no update to be found.

Would anyone be able to help me with this issue? Nothing seams to work to get this fixed..
    04-23-14 09:03 PM
    Can you hook it to a PC and link and try to load the software update that way?
    04-23-14 09:04 PM
    Yes I have tried to connect it to link and the blackberry software manager to do a restore or update and nothing happens.
    04-23-14 09:07 PM
    It's normal to have only those apps after a wipe. Are you sure that you're connected to the net? An update should be available.
    04-23-14 09:58 PM
    That's the issue the update is not available.
    04-24-14 05:18 AM
    It's normal to have only those apps after a wipe. Are you sure that you're connected to the net? An update should be available.
    That's the issue their is no update
    04-24-14 05:19 AM
    You need to do the debrick, which is initiated by running BlackBerry desktop software and then plugging in the turned off Playbook. The desktop software will then ask if you want to repair the PlayBook or wait for it to reboot. Choose repair and it will download the latest software and applications.

BTW, why are a lot of people calling security wipes swipes? Is it an autocorrect thing or just typo?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:42 AM
    You need to do the debrick, which is initiated by running BlackBerry desktop software and then plugging in the turned off Playbook. The desktop software will then ask if you want to repair the PlayBook or wait for it to reboot. Choose repair and it will download the latest software and applications.

BTW, why are a lot of people calling security wipes swipes? Is it an autocorrect thing or just typo?

Posted via CB10
    I've done that and it says on the software that there are no updates
    04-24-14 04:38 PM
    If worse comes to worse and you can't update, there are bar files floating around for all of the stock apps which can then be sideloaded. They've been linked to on this forum, so you'll have a bit a search to do to locate them,.
    04-24-14 05:01 PM
    I had the same probleme. Already postet a way to fix it Link

Good Luck
    04-24-14 05:06 PM
    I've done that and it says on the software that there are no updates
    Read the directions again. It will not mention no updates, but will download the latest software release. The important part is the PlayBook is powered off prior to plugging it in for desktop manager ask if you want to repair it.
    04-24-14 07:11 PM
    Just try the "debricking" again... it should work unless your PlayBook battery is on critical level that it won't boot by itself... or BlackBerry already disengaged the server...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:34 AM