- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Custom Icon for webpage?
Has anyone done this before or could give me instructions on how to do this....
I would like to create a custom icon that points to a webpage.
I have very little knowledge of development so step by step instructions would be great thanks.
I do my work on a iMac and I'm looking to put the icon on my Playbook.
- CrackBerry User
02-08-13, 01:30 AM #4
- 43 Posts
i know nothing about programming or other technical stuff, but as when you create a website shortcut using browser, the icon is normally a screen shot of the whole page of that website (looks ugly), i assume if you can find that screen shot pic. in the file system, and replace it with the pic you want, that should do the work. personally i want to find a way to replace the bookmark icon in the browser, all the default icons (youtube, ebay, blackberry, etc.) looks good, but all customized bookmark icons look terrible, just like the one you save as shortcut, only a screenshot
- 02-08-13, 03:21 PM #5
The simplest way is to pinch and zoom on the website's logo or title then bookmark that to your home screen. It creates a zoomed screenshot. Do this for all your favorites then put them all in a folder and call it bookmarks.
- By JsGrandma in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-25-10, 01:03 AM
- By ryanjjohn in forum Developers LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 12-19-09, 11:35 AM
- By palisoulja1 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-09, 01:31 PM
- By elrol in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 2Last Post: 07-19-09, 08:22 AM
- By thewifeandme in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500 ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 06-28-09, 01:39 AM