Recently purchased a playbook seeing as the drop in price, and was just wondering if its worth putting OS2 on?
    01-01-12 05:46 AM
    now that we have the capability to side load android apps and games on beta OS2,it is certainly is
    01-01-12 06:08 AM
    Now that Android apps are being added daily to OS1 PB Apps, it won' be long until OS2 comes out of beta. Beta isn't as stable as regular OS. I use & enjoy beta.
    Side loading apps has a problem. Those apps can't be upgraded,but their upgrade notices still appear.
    Enjoy the Android apps coming to you now on OS1.
    01-01-12 06:47 AM
    now that we have the capability to side load android apps and games on beta OS2,it is certainly is
    On the other hand, if you are not a developer, if you do not want to load Android apps and you want all of your native apps to work as advertised (guaranteed), then it certainly is not. There is a PlayBook forum dedicated to this topic. Please read the advice carefully before loading the code.
    bbfan1040 and jafobabe like this.
    01-01-12 06:49 AM
    Now that Android apps are being added daily to OS1 PB Apps, it won' be long until OS2 comes out of beta. Beta isn't as stable as regular OS. I use & enjoy beta.
    Side loading apps has a problem. Those apps can't be upgraded,but their upgrade notices still appear.
    Slight, but important, correction: Repackaged Android apps are being accepted in App World but they are only visible to you if you are running the developers' beta OS. There is no Android player in OS1 so these app will cease to work if you later downgrade to the official OS.

In addition, OS2 will "come out of beta" when RIM releases OS2 in February (and no sooner).
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 01-01-12 at 07:03 AM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-01-12 07:01 AM
    Recently purchased a playbook seeing as the drop in price, and was just wondering if its worth putting OS2 on?
    Unquestionable - yes
    01-01-12 07:04 AM
    I have 2 PBs, one on .6067 and the other on .6149 I feel for what I do you cant compair the two OS2 is more stable. Flawless play of any video over wifi, youtube, news, podcasts. Although it should never be complete, I feel its ready now.. It will be ready by February.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-01-12 at 07:13 AM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-01-12 07:04 AM
    If for A2DP and Kindle alone, yes absolutely!! If the official OS2 will be better than the beta, all i can say is Christmas has come early!! This beta works great for me very stable smoother browser works much better, since the last update, nothing's missing
    01-01-12 01:21 PM
    The official one due in February, YES. The "unofficial Beta 2.0, NO!
    01-01-12 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD