Is there a way to create your own picture album and name it? Do I have to do it on my PC? It would be alot more organized, with a bunch of albums.
    04-08-12 08:12 AM
    The only way I have found is through my pc. You can create a new folder and move photos to it, but be aware that subfolders will not show up properly. Ex: I have 33 folders each with subfolders but the pb photo app shows 210 albums instead. It's even worse if you want to attach a photo to an email, the file manager does not recognize the albums and displays every single photo. I have 4228 photos so I find it really annoying to say the least.
    04-08-12 08:34 AM
    I find it easiest to create the Albums actually, subfolders directly under the "photos" folder (as mentioned, but not sub-subfolders) when connected to the pb using a computer. Give it a name Grandma_Birthday and move the photos into it.

There are 3rd party File managers that can create folders on the pb and move files around but it is a bit harder to do.
    04-08-12 09:51 AM
    I find it easiest to make folders on the computer.. You do this by creating a folder in the Pictures area and copying your photos to it.

Attached an image of my Pictures app so you can see how it will work

Hope this helped
    04-08-12 02:40 PM
    yea only way ive found is by creating folders thru your pc or one of the third party file manager apps.

i put my self made folders inside my photo folder also

the playbook seems to find pictures in its own in various areas like the camera, documents, downloads and photos folders...BUT i think it only recognizes the actual folders in the picture app if they are in the photo folder. everywhere else they seem to just show up under the main folders name or in All Pictures

(just tested creating a folder IN camera folder and it shows up as a separate album in the pics app so it might work other areas too. so far it works in camera folder and photos folder.)

either way thru your comp or with a file manager app you can do this and play around
    04-08-12 03:38 PM
    _BIG_

Good find about other subfolders working as ALBUMS.

Yes, the way the pb indexes, if finds the FILE TYPES it recognizes (docs, wav/mp3, jpg) in other folders it will show them in appropriate apps. So, for instance, it found my wav files and my video files that were in my picture albums folders (from my digital camera) and shows them in the Music and Video apps. In most instances I would prefer if it were not that thorough!
    04-08-12 04:23 PM
    I have 12 GB photos and due to that my PB can not add photo to my contacts...just trying to load all of them and it takes forever.
    04-08-12 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD