Hello PlayBook Fans,

I'm currently devoting a lot of time and energy to learning second language. I've purchased a few items and found many useful resources on the internet. Is it possible to create a folder on the PlayBook to contain the pdf's and videos that I have downloaded? It would be most convenient to have all the related items in one place. Thanks for your help!

Reg
    10-24-16 10:11 AM
    Yes.. you can. But the OS doesn't really use folders.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    10-24-16 11:57 AM
    The OS does use folders- only the native file manager doesn't really recognize them. But there are file managers that do see the Playbook's folders and can be used to create folders. Perhaps the best of these (and cheapest since it's free) is Ghost Commander. Install Ghost from app world, open the app, then tap on "Playbook Media" from the home screen, then tap on a folder (Documents maybe) and then create a subfolder here by tapping on Mk Dir (make directory) on Ghost's bottom toolbar. Then give the folder a name and click OK, and you'll have a subfolder in the Documents folder. That being said, you can only create folders on certain Playbook levels, so you couldn't create a folder on the same level as the Playbook's media folders (Documents, Movies, Music, Camera, etc.), you can only create folders within folders on this level.

Alternatively, you could also use Windows Explorer to create folders by connecting your Playbook to your PC.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    10-24-16 04:56 PM
    Hi pacoman03,

I'm grateful for your detailed reply. I always benefit from your posts! I downloaded Ghost Commander and did exactly as you described. Success!

Best,

Reg
    10-24-16 10:59 PM
    AIR Browser is probably way easier to get your head around then the Android ports of Ghost Commander and Open Explorer for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 02:47 PM