I know the majority of us have always liked and enjoyed tablets of all makes and sizes even though Thorston had his own feelings. Can Crackberry or another blog site that can get early access to John Chen get a quote on tablets and if he feels Blackberry should develop another one?!

I personally would love to hear a positive quote on the possibility.

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    11-05-13 06:14 PM
    Sorry didn't see the other post. Mods feel free to close/delete

Sent from an ATM
    11-05-13 06:16 PM
    New Playbook running OS10 Coming Soon!

Sorry....couldn't resist.
    11-05-13 06:19 PM
    New Playbook running OS10 Coming Soon!

Sorry....couldn't resist.
    You're not John! lmao

Sent from an ATM
    11-05-13 06:36 PM
    Hope springs eternal! PB development is dead. Get over it. I will use mine until it breaks down and stop working, then I'll find something else.

So for all those hopeful diehards I say "Enjoy your PB for what it can do for you, load up on Apps you may find useful and take good care of your tablet to prolong its life.
    kb5zht likes this.
    11-05-13 07:02 PM
    This is an excellent point. I would like to see his take on this topic as well. P.S. I am in the market for a 32G 4G version. My 16G is good but now increasing my usage with business growth.
    nappp likes this.
    11-05-13 08:36 PM
    It would be nice to see another BlackBerry branded tablet on the market again. I still use my PB on a daily basis and works very well. Of course the competition is tough and other manufacturers are still producing them, at least would be nice if we can continue at least getting upgrades and support. Out of curiosity I recently purchased a Samsung tab 3 mainly to see what all the hype is about with the apps and so on. And I must say after having it a week it's been sitting on my desk more than in my hands. Yes it has a couple of apps which I use for business which are only based in android or IOS platforms but the device has way to much going on to complete simple task. The PB has a nice solid feel where the tab 3 is light and feels may slip out of my hands. Also the other day listening to a music I remembered the nice stereo sound from the nicely located PB speakers where the tab has them on the vertical end of the device. If wasn't for the good deal on the tab I may have returned by now and stick with good old reliable PB while waiting for the Z30's arrival in the US.
    guido68, nappp and BioDave1955 like this.
    11-05-13 10:50 PM
    Until blackberry has a stable foot hold in the market, and the apps to please the consumer, I won't worry about another tablet. Don't get me wrong, I WANT another tablet, but until they accomplish what they need to accomplish there no need to worry about a tablet. I believe the government want let them die of as a company. They enjoy their phones for the safe security they have. Once they're at a point to move back to tablets they will have no problem with another tablet. It will be the phone just bigger. Sounds like someone else (apple)
    11-06-13 02:43 PM
    John says.....................what the hell is a preybrook ?
    Last edited by Cynycl; 11-06-13 at 03:49 PM.
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-06-13 03:34 PM
    John says.....................what the hell is a preybrook ?
    Say a prayer or utter an incantation because Chen and Blackberry could use divine intervention.

The big problem is the operating system. BB can't really go to an Android system without a great deal of difficulty in maintaining the security that is the main selling point to a large part of the client base. But by upping memory and processor speed they might get a dual boot with Linux or a much better Android emulator. A system such as this might satisfy both the need for security and the app problem. This will be not a consumer level machine but middle to high priced. Blackberry cannot compete in the US with the < $300 tablets at this point let alone those < $150.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-06-13 06:07 PM
    Chen is not interested in more hardware. Just software. So how about getting Lenovo or ?????? to build a new tablet that uses BB10 and provides the security etc than corporate customers need?
    11-06-13 08:15 PM
    it's done move on.

Couple of years and all pbs will be dead and so will this forum.

all this will last as long as the pb battery. at this point 99% will chuck them and move on as the tech will be about as obolete as palm is today.

if you look even today the majority of threads are about wishlists of new pb, bb10 on pb and wishes of a future.

news flash.. you don't need a quote from john Chen, its done, get over it.
    11-07-13 07:02 AM
    ^^ I hope you catch the person who hurt you. so much anger in your recent posts about the playbook. you hate it we get it

Sent from an ATM
    11-07-13 05:20 PM
    I like my playbook.
    I just understand business beyond the fanboy level.
    I'm from the home of rim so have no malice. you just have to learn to look past the ridiculous fandom and realize this is a dead product.
    11-08-13 09:20 PM
    The playbook had so much potential and had they not underequipped it with RAM it would have achieved the glory we anticipated. While there was a learning process at RIM regarding QNX, they suffered due to one of their long term errors they continue to make; namely, claiming to attempt to be cutting edge and compete with the big boys to regain its former glory but then proceed to refuse to follow up with hardware design.

Example: When the round of OS 7 devices came out, the competition was already spitting out dual core devices. What did RIM originally plan? single core 800 mHz cpu's. The delay we saw before its release was a last minute redesign to 1.2 gigahertz processors. They were once again going to underdesign a phone that ran the largest OS they had released to that date.

So the playbook was going to run an even more memory grabbing processor hungry OS and they only implemented one (1) gig of RAM. The result was a tablet that achieved maybe half of 60% of the expectations the customer base were fired up to.

RIM was renamed Blackberry and it still is making stupid decisions.
    11-10-13 07:19 AM