I just downloaded and installed the new beta OS and though I like the overall appearance so far (not all too different obviously but with a small number of significant changes). I'm wondering about a few things though, one of them being the folders. My tabs are of course gone but in my app list I can find only one folder, and that's the one for the Bridge apps. I've heard of people using more folders, so can I create new ones? How?

The second thing I was wondering about is the Android app player. Should it have come with the beta download? If yes, is it in the form of an app or something deeper within the workings of the OS? If no, where can I get a copy? I've got a feeling the leaked version from months ago just won't cut it.

Anybody care to indulge me?
    10-20-11 05:05 PM
    My tabs are of course gone but in my app list I can find only one folder, and that's the one for the Bridge apps. I've heard of people using more folders, so can I create new ones? How?
    When you're in move icon mode just move one icon on top of another.

The second thing I was wondering about is the Android app player. Should it have come with the beta download? If yes, is it in the form of an app or something deeper within the workings of the OS? If no, where can I get a copy? I've got a feeling the leaked version from months ago just won't cut it.
    It's built right in. Android apps install just like any other app, and when you start them they run just like any other app, except for a little bar across the bottom for the back button. Right now there's no Android apps in AppWorld, the only way to install them is using the developer tools. This is a Developer Beta for Android App Developers, it's not a normal beta meaning "early access to buggy software", it really is only meant for developers and that's why it's lacking all the features of full 2.0.
    10-20-11 05:12 PM
    I don't so much mind the missing features for now. It's not like I had them before I updated. I'd just like to acquaint myself as best as possible, so thanks for the answers pal
    10-20-11 05:22 PM
    I have a few questions too.

Can you run multiple windows of the Android apps like we do with the native apps?

Do the Android apps work with the bridge connection?

I asked this in the sticky but I think this one is more appropriate.
    10-20-11 05:28 PM
    Can you run multiple windows of the Android apps like we do with the native apps?

Do the Android apps work with the bridge connection?
    One app at a time. Android is architectured around there only being one app on screen at a time. Multiple would require multiple instances of the Android player and that would just get messy fast.

I haven't tried Bridge. There's issue with Bridge for most users in this beta, so even if it doesn't work that might change.
    10-20-11 05:39 PM
    One app at a time. Android is architectured around there only being one app on screen at a time. Multiple would require multiple instances of the Android player and that would just get messy fast.

I haven't tried Bridge. There's issue with Bridge for most users in this beta, so even if it doesn't work that might change.
    In the PlayBook apps forum someone posted a screen shot of two Android apps running simultaneously (Angry Birds and Remote Desktop) with both appearing in the open apps carousel.
    10-20-11 05:47 PM
    Please keep all the questions in one thread. Makes it easier on everyone.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-662823/
    10-20-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD