So, i love my Playbook!!!

I have noticed a couple of little things that are annoying though...

1) No autocorrect while typing? I'm typing this right now and making mistakes that my 9700 would be fixing. The absence of this feature is causing me to type much slower on the PB than my 9700. Also doesn't capitalize the first letter of sentences, or automatically add things like apostrophes. It's these little things that make typing on my 9700 lightning quick, and I am disappointed to not see what I consider to be such a basic feature! Anybody else find this annoying?

2) Twice today 1 of the folders lost all the icons... The first time it was the media folder, second time it was the media folder AND the all folder, so i had no way of accessing anything in the media folder. I'm sure this is just a random bug that will be fixed soon, but still annoying. In both cases a reboot fixed the problem?

3) For me, the only data that works while tethering is the bridge browser. Bing maps and other data apps just give an error saying I have no data access, please connect to wifi. Is this normal or do I have a problem.

4) I'm also noticing right now that the cursor is getting lost while trying to write this. And it's quite difficult to place the cursor to go back and edit. And since there is no arrow key / trackpad, you have to place the cursor in the right spot. I'm finding myself wishing the were a trackpad!!!!!

Posted (painfully slowly) from my Blackberry Playbook.
    04-19-11 06:17 PM
    Can you open all attachments and open to hyper-links in your email?
    hyperlinks are fine. some attachments won't open... good catch!
    04-19-11 06:26 PM

1) No autocorrect while typing? I'm typing this right now and making mistakes that my 9700 would be fixing. The absence of this feature is causing me to type much slower on the PB than my 9700. Also doesn't capitalize the first letter of sentences, or automatically add things like apostrophes. It's these little things that make typing on my 9700 lightning quick, and I am disappointed to not see what I consider to be such a basic feature! Anybody else find this annoying?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/au...-needz-605717/

YES many of us very much miss AutoText

2) Twice today 1 of the folders lost all the icons... The first time it was the media folder, second time it was the media folder AND the all folder, so i had no way of accessing anything in the media folder. I'm sure this is just a random bug that will be fixed soon, but still annoying. In both cases a reboot fixed the problem?
    I have not seen this problem yet,

Mind you I am 99% in favourites as I added all the programs I want to that tab

3) For me, the only data that works while tethering is the bridge browser. Bing maps and other data apps just give an error saying I have no data access, please connect to wifi. Is this normal or do I have a problem.
    I have used both extensively today, Bridge and Wifi, without connection problems except for in StarBucks, but my laptop disconnected as well

4) I'm also noticing right now that the cursor is getting lost while trying to write this. And it's quite difficult to place the cursor to go back and edit. And since there is no arrow key / trackpad, you have to place the cursor in the right spot. I'm finding myself wishing the were a trackpad!!!!!

I have an issue with placing the curser as well I really wish the tablet had a BB track pad on the face for the fine detail work!
    04-19-11 06:38 PM

normal

only apps that operate via the bridge can use the data. You have to actually be tethering for the other apps to work
    04-19-11 06:39 PM

I noticed that too - zeroing in on text makes me long for that trusty BB trackpad! (So for anybody who questions why anyone would want a trackpad and a touchscreen on a phone, there it is.)

Definitely miss auto-correct, too - interesting that it works in some places but not in others (like here).

Haven't had any issues of any kind. But does anybody know if you can organize and rename browser bookmarks? I can't find anything about that anywhere.
    04-19-11 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD