How much longer til we see the PlayBook in stores?
    10-10-10 08:40 PM
    Some time next year.
    10-11-10 12:12 AM
    To add to grahamf, sometime early next year.
    10-11-10 12:55 AM
    Hopefully by February at latest, but I feel that's rather optimistic.
    10-11-10 02:23 AM
    Mike said by the end of Q1 2011. I'm hoping that means that the end of Q1 is the farthest date assuming multiple delays. If we are really lucky we could see RIM doing a CES release... not likely but heres hoping so we can get a better look at QNX
    10-11-10 02:30 AM
    in the future.
    10-11-10 09:58 AM
    My guess is that a release date will be announced at CES, which is January 6-9. Hopefully there will be a release date soon after that.

I think that we have a longish wait because what has been demoed is really nothing real, which suggests that there is still lots of work to do. Three months till CES. How much work can be done in 3 months, with lots of holidays stuck in there too: Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving (Canadians have Thanksgiving too).
    10-12-10 07:08 AM
    Well hopefully not too much longer, seeing as the Breakfast Television (morning news show in Toronto) crew have a few of them in use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 08:22 AM
    Well hopefully not too much longer, seeing as the Breakfast Television (morning news show in Toronto) crew have a few of them in use.

This will sound insulting, but it's not, it's only a question....

are you sure it was a PlayBook? not some other tablet?????
    10-12-10 08:41 AM

I have to mirror what Qbnkelt said. I would be absolutely shocked if anyone outside of RIM had a PlayBook on hand. I think we would have heard by now if anyone was sighted with one, especially on a morning news show.
    10-12-10 04:29 PM
    since this is a countdown thread ..its now *vague date* -1
    10-14-10 07:08 AM
    They better hurry, Verizon just announced they will start selling iPads bundled with hotspots beginning Oct 28. This also implies that Verizon iPhone will likely be a reality soon too.
    10-14-10 10:08 AM
    *vague date* -2
    10-16-10 12:55 AM
    Wouldn't it be great if it got released in time for Black-Friday? Ooooo!! What a wonderful Christmas this would be!
    10-16-10 07:51 AM
    Wouldn't it be great if it got released in time for Black-Friday? Ooooo!! What a wonderful Christmas this would be!
    Doubt this would happen but if it did then it would give me a good reason get up early that friday morning.

10-16-10 04:49 PM
    man i wish there was a firmer date for this thing someone anyone have any real info on this
    10-16-10 07:08 PM
    i feel Rim will try to push an early release date, as the release said early next year. But they may even push for a holiday release if possible. From a marketing and sales point of view they need to get something pushed out that will help turn their stock and company around they have been on the downside lately and losing marketshare. As others stated a date shortly after CES will probably be announced but if they want to capture the christmas gift category and if i worked for marketing i would push for a mid december release, they could def do a lot better sales at that time then they would in jan (don't get me wrong i am buying it whenever it gets released but from a marketing perspective that would be prime time).
    10-17-10 12:02 AM
    It's coming at mid november.
    10-17-10 10:19 AM
    That's a bit of a bold statement considering the several late Q1 statements. Care to expand on where you get that info?

10-17-10 11:52 AM
    Yeah it will be interesting to see how they get it out before the Holidays considering no manufacturer that I've seen yet for the Cortex A9 processor will have them ready in meaningful quantities until "early 2011".
    10-17-10 07:40 PM
    That's a bit of a bold statement considering the several late Q1 statements. Care to expand on where you get that info?

are you looking at 2010 q1 statements? because if you are 2010 q1 statements tho they showed decent earnings competition has gotten stiff since then. Also rim has seen a lot of bad publicity with uae, india, and other countries. Though this is improving now with UAE and India both cooperating with rim but the scare of shutting bis networks down and compromising security really hurt their stock. Rim is currently sitting at around 48.27 look at their high for this year (it was close to 77)they are closer to their low at the moment, they were hoping for the torch to bring them a little closer to the jan statements but it didn't (the late release hurt). There is too much competition in the market and rim needs to keep releasing phones to different networks as android is doing. The latest article i read this morning is putting the windows 7 phone down but also saying people who will jump ship from blackberry may jump to the windows phone just to try it out.
    Don't get me wrong I want rim to succeed, i have no thought of jumping ship and i recently purchased a fair share of stock in their company in hopes that the playbook a long with some new phones, and the approval of keeping rim networks in several countries will help boost their earnings in Q1 of 2011 as they were in Q1 of 2010 but i def don't expect to see a huge jump until a real flagship device is released by rim (hopefully the playbook will be just that device).
    10-18-10 12:45 PM
    Yeah it will be interesting to see how they get it out before the Holidays considering no manufacturer that I've seen yet for the Cortex A9 processor will have them ready in meaningful quantities until "early 2011".
    agreed tho it would be nice if they somehow managed too...hopes and dreams...haha
    10-18-10 12:51 PM
    are you looking at 2010 q1 statements?
    He wasn't talking about financial statements. RIM has stated that the PlayBook will arrive early 2011, then they stated it will arrive for international markets in Q2 2011. So we take that mean it will arrive for the US (and hopefully Canada) in Q1 2011. Some person above claimed mid November, which isn't going to happen.
    10-18-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD