Appreciate the responses! Yeah, I noticed the troll. Personally, I didn't want an Android tablet. I already have CM9 running on my Touchpad and I have a Droid Razr Maxx. I wanted something different and the PlayBook is just that. The PlayBook OS looks like it will be fun to use from the videos that I watched about it. It kinda reminds me of WebOS on the TouchPad.
    A little of topic but have you taken the leap to cm10? And I also couldn't resist ordered a 64gb from OD but unfortunately its backordered....
    Last edited by sibeans; 11-30-12 at 06:38 AM.
    11-30-12 06:24 AM
    A little of topic but have you taken the leap to cm10? And I also couldn't resist ordered a 64gb from OD but unfortunately its backordered....
    No, still running CM9. Just haven't had the time to look into CM10. I'll have to look into it soon enough. I've had my eye on the 64gb PlayBook from OD for some time now, but it's been out of stock. At $149.99, it's an absolute steal. I couldn't wait any longer. I didn't want to miss out on other deals.
    11-30-12 09:20 AM
    I can chime in. CM10 still has some major bugs. I stayed with cm9 and started using the nightly builds. There are way too many odd things happening with 10.

The last touchpad nightly cm9 is super stable and finally fixed the wifi issue once and for all.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-12 09:23 AM
    You didn't open it ?

Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    Why are you here?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-30-12 09:25 AM
    Why are you here?
    That my friend is the 64,000$ question.
    11-30-12 09:27 AM
    Even I can't resist. Anybody want to loan me their PB? I will be eternally grateful.

11-30-12 09:34 AM
    Welcome to CB ... it is mostly a great group and will enhance your experience with the PlayBook. Trust me on this one ... as you keep discovering things you can do with the PB you are going to fall deeper in love. Then we get BB10 for free and .... the fun REALLY begins.

As for the troll, guys .... my policy is to never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. PlayBooks are for people that have the capacity to use its features, so that would not be everyone.
    quebec88 likes this.
    11-30-12 09:48 AM
    Welcome to CB... You will meet people who tell you it's ok if your apps are not updated, it's "exciting" to wait six months for an unknown OS, etc.

Boo hoo, this guy is on the daaark side....
    11-30-12 11:23 AM
    You didn't open it ?

Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    I can only assume one of two scenarios as a result of your post...

1.) You're on this forum because you used to have a deep and passionate love for BlackBerry but the two of you have recently had a falling out and you broke up. And though you're with this hot new item, you like to use this forum to keep tabs on your old love, and like to try and persuade anyone else from getting with her.

...or...

2.) You're nothing more than simply a mind-numbing troll who uses this forum to pray on unsuspecting victims who are only trying to get help and feedback on their new devices. They have places for people like you, traditionally they live under bridges in folklore, but in your case the Android forums would do rather nicely.

Good day.
    11-30-12 11:38 AM
    Welcome to CB ... it is mostly a great group and will enhance your experience with the PlayBook. Trust me on this one ... as you keep discovering things you can do with the PB you are going to fall deeper in love. Then we get BB10 for free and .... the fun REALLY begins.

As for the troll, guys .... my policy is to never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. PlayBooks are for people that have the capacity to use its features, so that would not be everyone.
    I agree with you, especially about the troll. I wish it didn't have to be merely a battle of wits, I wish I had the power for it to be a notice of eviction.
    11-30-12 11:40 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry, quebec88. The PlayBook is a great tablet. And as others have said, it will get even better with BB10.next year. Have fun!
    el_excelsior and quebec88 like this.
    12-01-12 12:51 PM
    Swipe right down to the bottom of this page. Tap on "AndroidCentral" and tell someone who cares.
    BAZINGA!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-01-12 02:45 PM
    Welcome to CB... You will meet people who tell you it's ok if your apps are not updated, it's "exciting" to wait six months for an unknown OS, etc.

Boo hoo, this guy is on the daaark side....
    I guess the Samsung didn't work out either?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-tab-729519/

IN QUOTE: "But anyway, I don’t care now, I can shut up because I just have all the features I can dream of on Android."

So once more---------------------------------------------^
    bungaboy and DC506 like this.
    12-01-12 04:13 PM
    Swipe right down to the bottom of this page. Tap on "AndroidCentral" and tell someone who cares.
    One of the best posts in response to a supertroll.

Thank you.
    12-01-12 04:40 PM
    My PlayBook just arrived today on my doorstep. Opened it up to check everything out since it's a refurb. Charged it up, installed the OS update. Everything is fine. Looks brand new. BTW, my first impression is WOW! The screen is awesome. Quality build too! Navigating around the screens just feels right. The only gripe that I noticed, which is no biggie is the power button is so tiny and kinda hard to press in. Well, now I just boxed it back up for Christmas. I have to wait a few weeks now..........
    12-07-12 08:02 PM
    The only gripe that I noticed, which is no biggie is the power button is so tiny and kinda hard to press in.
    You'll rarely need to use it. I've used mine once... When I first received it and turned it on a week ago
    quebec88 likes this.
    12-07-12 08:50 PM
    May I ask why you are on this forum? You are being sarcastic and not helpful at all. To the OP...enjoy your playbook...you made a great choice!!
    He can't be all that bad because if it wasn't for him, Cairnsrock wouldn't have made me laugh so much
    12-08-12 07:37 AM
    You'll rarely need to use it. I've used mine once... When I first received it and turned it on a week ago
    Excellent.
    12-08-12 06:15 PM
    You didn't open it ?

You would absolutely regret it, I was in the same position and bought a PlayBook. The PlayBook has far better hardware (cameras, sound), better build quality, a better OS, and one which, unlike Android, actually gets upgraded without having to root your tablet, much higher capacity (64GB) and apps which are designed for the form factor rather than being blown up phone apps.

If this were your ONLY tablet, there would be some reason to choose a Nexus 7 over a PlayBook, as the Nexus has a lot more apps, but if your other tablet is an iPad, you have a tablet with FAR better apps available than the Nexus 7.

The PlayBook is a great second tablet for an iPad owner, as it complements the iPad well. It is a great media playback device, with better sound than the iPad and the widescreen format. It is smaller and lighter than the iPad and has a browser which supports Flash if you need it. I also prefer the 7" form factor for playing almost every sort of game.
    quebec88 likes this.
    12-08-12 07:33 PM
    My PlayBook just arrived today on my doorstep. Opened it up to check everything out since it's a refurb. Charged it up, installed the OS update. Everything is fine. Looks brand new. BTW, my first impression is WOW! The screen is awesome. Quality build too! Navigating around the screens just feels right. The only gripe that I noticed, which is no biggie is the power button is so tiny and kinda hard to press in. Well, now I just boxed it back up for Christmas. I have to wait a few weeks now..........
    Don't use the power button, as booting takes a long time, Just put it into standby mode when not using it and swipe up from the bottom bezel to turn it on, and recharge it when the battery gets low.
    quebec88 likes this.
    12-08-12 07:35 PM
    Actually, in Standby, swiping from ANY Bezel to its opposite bezel will wake it up. As will tapping the hard to press Power button!!!!!
    quebec88 likes this.
    12-08-12 08:47 PM
46 12