Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. I just ordered last night a refurbished 64GB Playbook from Geeks for $189. At that price, I couldn't resist. I was always somewhat interested in the Playbook, but because I have an iPad 2 and an HP Touchpad, it was not practical at the more expensive price points that the Playbooks were at. I'm going on a European Cruise next summer and I thought that the Playbook would be perfect for the Airplane flight and cruise due to its smaller size in comparison to my 10 inch tablets. Cannot wait to get it, although I will not be opening it up until Christmas

Cheers.
    11-29-12 02:29 PM
    You didn't open it ?

Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    joseanmx likes this.
    11-29-12 02:33 PM
    Great find!! Enjoy your Christmas and your new PlayBook!!
    quebec88 and seamonky like this.
    11-29-12 02:37 PM
    That's awesome. I hope you find as much use for it as I do on a daily basis. It's perfect for traveling. Load it up with a bunch of movies for the flights and hotel rooms. Get an hdmi cord for the hotel room TV and some bluetooth earbuds for a great entertainment combo.

*And put a thousand albums, songs and artist in your media player!
    11-29-12 04:00 PM
    You didn't open it ?

Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    Swipe right down to the bottom of this page. Tap on "AndroidCentral" and tell someone who cares.
    11-29-12 04:20 PM
    Swipe right down to the bottom of this page. Tap on "AndroidCentral" and tell someone who cares.
    Hahahaha! Kinda mean, but funny.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    11-29-12 04:24 PM
    Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. I just ordered last night a refurbished 64GB Playbook from Geeks for $189. At that price, I couldn't resist. I was always somewhat interested in the Playbook, but because I have an iPad 2 and an HP Touchpad, it was not practical at the more expensive price points that the Playbooks were at. I'm going on a European Cruise next summer and I thought that the Playbook would be perfect for the Airplane flight and cruise due to its smaller size in comparison to my 10 inch tablets. Cannot wait to get it, although I will not be opening it up until Christmas

Cheers.
    That's great! Hope you enjoy it. It's a good tablet and for that price it's not a bad choice at all.

Tapatalking
    jamesharmeling and quebec88 like this.
    11-29-12 04:30 PM
    Why are you here? Seriously? I assume you sold your PlayBook and bought a Nexus. I'm very glad to hear that the Nexus suits your needs better than the PlayBook. The great thing about Mobile Nations is they have sites for all Platforms and I'm sure you can find how to get the most out of your Nexus on Android Central. CrackBerry is a Site for Blackberry users to get the most out of their devices. Obviously the PlayBook and you didn't work out so instead of spreading negativity on a Site were people actually enjoy the PlayBook ; You will probably find someone who actually thinks your jokes are funny over at Android Central. Although I cannot guarantee that as I use BlackBerry devices and haven't found a need to browse another platforms forum yet. You can even find deals on cases their to cover the your Nexus as I hear one of the biggest complaints is how cheap it looks and feels, good luck!
    You didn't open it ?

11-29-12 04:33 PM
    Gots 5x64 gb PBs. Dey da max. Enjoy yours. Video chat a hoot. Doc Neutron
    quebec88 likes this.
    11-29-12 04:35 PM
    You didn't open it ?

May I ask why you are on this forum? You are being sarcastic and not helpful at all. To the OP...enjoy your playbook...you made a great choice!!
    11-29-12 04:35 PM
    @ the OP...enjoy your new Playbook and your trip.

As far as some comments you might read in the forums....."they're just road noise"
    11-29-12 05:03 PM
    May I ask why you are on this forum? You are being sarcastic and not helpful at all. To the OP...enjoy your playbook...you made a great choice!!
    See? I told you that you would start recognizing the trolls.

quebec88, welcome to the forum.
    quebec88, bungaboy and Toodeurep like this.
    11-29-12 05:24 PM
    You didn't open it ?

No he bought a tablet for the sake of a tablet, if he wanted a glorified ereader he would have grabbed one.

You will enjoy the playbook traveling. Take a HDMI cable to watch your movies in the hotel on the tv. Great device.
    11-29-12 05:26 PM
    See? I told you that you would start recognizing the trolls.

quebec88, welcome to the forum.
    Yes, this dude I definitely recognize as a troll...he is starting to annoy me!
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-29-12 05:29 PM
    Hi New to the forum. I just ordered last night a refurbished 64GB Playbook...
    Congrats! I gave in myself and ordered a 32gb this morning, arrives tomorrow
    11-29-12 05:41 PM
    That's awesome. I hope you find as much use for it as I do on a daily basis. It's perfect for traveling. Load it up with a bunch of movies for the flights and hotel rooms. Get an hdmi cord for the hotel room TV and some bluetooth earbuds for a great entertainment combo.

*And put a thousand albums, songs and artist in your media player!
    Just bought a 64 GB, would you recommend movies source to download from? I'm about to go on a long flight with both my little ones ...
    Last edited by crimsonking; 11-29-12 at 10:43 PM.
    11-29-12 07:00 PM
    Welcome on board. Playbook is great with traveling. I usually load it up with tons of movies and tv series. Not to mention books and musics and games. I also use the airport WiFi instant messaging. And if you have friends and families with Playbooks, even better!
    quebec88 likes this.
    11-29-12 08:16 PM
    You didn't open it ?

Why would he downgrade to a lesser quality tablet?
    11-29-12 08:19 PM
    Appreciate the responses! Yeah, I noticed the troll. Personally, I didn't want an Android tablet. I already have CM9 running on my Touchpad and I have a Droid Razr Maxx. I wanted something different and the PlayBook is just that. The PlayBook OS looks like it will be fun to use from the videos that I watched about it. It kinda reminds me of WebOS on the TouchPad.
    11-29-12 08:20 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. The tips and tricks sticky is quite great place to start. Don't hesitate to ask for help (after a thorough search first), we are here for you.
    quebec88 likes this.
    11-29-12 08:26 PM
    Appreciate the responses! Yeah, I noticed the troll. Personally, I didn't want an Android tablet. I already have CM9 running on my Touchpad and I have a Droid Razr Maxx. I wanted something different and the PlayBook is just that. The PlayBook OS looks like it will be fun to use from the videos that I watched about it. It kinda reminds me of WebOS on the TouchPad.
    If all goes as planned, BB10 will come in about 6 months and enhance the experience.
    11-29-12 08:27 PM
    If all goes as planned, BB10 will come in about 6 months and enhance the experience.
    Will look forward to that, although the current OS will be new to me.
    11-29-12 08:37 PM
    Welcome and congrats. Yes the PlayBook is a great travel sized tablet. And you'll get BlackBerry 10 in time for that cruise.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    quebec88 likes this.
    11-29-12 08:54 PM
    Just bought a 64 GB, would you recommend movies source to download from? I'm about to go on a long flight with both my little ones ...
    Well, a number of people rip their own dvd's to mp4 format for use. Depending on your location, you can rent/purchase movies/tv from Rim's video store. Then there are the less than legal means!
    11-29-12 11:39 PM
    Well, a number of people rip their own dvd's to mp4 format for use. Depending on your location, you can rent/purchase movies/tv from Rim's video store. Then there are the less than legal means!
    What so ever do you mean?
    11-30-12 12:26 AM
46 12