Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
Like Tree82Likes
  1. quebec88's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Couldn't resist.

    Hi Everyone,

    New to the forum. I just ordered last night a refurbished 64GB Playbook from Geeks for $189. At that price, I couldn't resist. I was always somewhat interested in the Playbook, but because I have an iPad 2 and an HP Touchpad, it was not practical at the more expensive price points that the Playbooks were at. I'm going on a European Cruise next summer and I thought that the Playbook would be perfect for the Airplane flight and cruise due to its smaller size in comparison to my 10 inch tablets. Cannot wait to get it, although I will not be opening it up until Christmas

    Cheers.
  2. Bakamushi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    You didn't open it ?

    Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    joseanmx likes this.
  3. xSt0rmTroop3Rx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    244 Posts
    PIN
    Why so serious?
    #3  

    Default Re: Couldn't resist.

    Great find!! Enjoy your Christmas and your new PlayBook!!
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
    seamonky likes this.
  4. jamesharmeling's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,002 Posts
    PIN
    333BF5D4
    #4  

    Default

    That's awesome. I hope you find as much use for it as I do on a daily basis. It's perfect for traveling. Load it up with a bunch of movies for the flights and hotel rooms. Get an hdmi cord for the hotel room TV and some bluetooth earbuds for a great entertainment combo.

    *And put a thousand albums, songs and artist in your media player!
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it.
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
    amrovi2014 and el_excelsior like this.
  5. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakamushi View Post
    You didn't open it ?

    Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    Swipe right down to the bottom of this page. Tap on "AndroidCentral" and tell someone who cares.
    Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    antiRIM (12-01-2012),  axeman1000 (11-29-2012),  Barljo (12-01-2012),  Ben1232 (12-08-2012),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (12-01-2012),  bungaboy (11-29-2012),  Cesare21 (11-30-2012),  Cracklen (11-30-2012),  drjay868 (12-24-2012),  el_excelsior (12-01-2012),  seamonky (11-30-2012),  zma15 (12-01-2012) 
  6. jamesharmeling's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,002 Posts
    PIN
    333BF5D4
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    Swipe right down to the bottom of this page. Tap on "AndroidCentral" and tell someone who cares.
    Hahahaha! Kinda mean, but funny.
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
  7. Relletti's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    9,196 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,342 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for my pin!
    #7  

    Default Couldn't resist.

    Quote Originally Posted by quebec88 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    New to the forum. I just ordered last night a refurbished 64GB Playbook from Geeks for $189. At that price, I couldn't resist. I was always somewhat interested in the Playbook, but because I have an iPad 2 and an HP Touchpad, it was not practical at the more expensive price points that the Playbooks were at. I'm going on a European Cruise next summer and I thought that the Playbook would be perfect for the Airplane flight and cruise due to its smaller size in comparison to my 10 inch tablets. Cannot wait to get it, although I will not be opening it up until Christmas

    Cheers.
    That's great! Hope you enjoy it. It's a good tablet and for that price it's not a bad choice at all.



    Tapatalking
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
    jamesharmeling likes this.
  8. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #8  

    Default

    Why are you here? Seriously? I assume you sold your PlayBook and bought a Nexus. I'm very glad to hear that the Nexus suits your needs better than the PlayBook. The great thing about Mobile Nations is they have sites for all Platforms and I'm sure you can find how to get the most out of your Nexus on Android Central. CrackBerry is a Site for Blackberry users to get the most out of their devices. Obviously the PlayBook and you didn't work out so instead of spreading negativity on a Site were people actually enjoy the PlayBook ; You will probably find someone who actually thinks your jokes are funny over at Android Central. Although I cannot guarantee that as I use BlackBerry devices and haven't found a need to browse another platforms forum yet. You can even find deals on cases their to cover the your Nexus as I hear one of the biggest complaints is how cheap it looks and feels, good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakamushi View Post
    You didn't open it ?

    Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by 3:
    bungaboy (11-29-2012),  xSt0rmTroop3Rx (11-30-2012),  Unbiased Tech (12-01-2012) 
  9. DoctorNeutron's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,444 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Gots 5x64 gb PBs. Dey da max. Enjoy yours. Video chat a hoot. Doc Neutron
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
  10. wafa510's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakamushi View Post
    You didn't open it ?

    Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    May I ask why you are on this forum? You are being sarcastic and not helpful at all. To the OP...enjoy your playbook...you made a great choice!!
    Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
  11. DC506's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    490 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin:s & Needle:s
    #11  

    Default

    @ the OP...enjoy your new Playbook and your trip.

    As far as some comments you might read in the forums....."they're just road noise"
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
  12. Angus_CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,171 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,172 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wafa510 View Post
    May I ask why you are on this forum? You are being sarcastic and not helpful at all. To the OP...enjoy your playbook...you made a great choice!!
    See? I told you that you would start recognizing the trolls.

    quebec88, welcome to the forum.
    Nexus 4, 9800 (Torch), Playbook
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
    Toodeurep and bungaboy like this.
  13. axeman1000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    813 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakamushi View Post
    You didn't open it ?

    Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    No he bought a tablet for the sake of a tablet, if he wanted a glorified ereader he would have grabbed one.

    You will enjoy the playbook traveling. Take a HDMI cable to watch your movies in the hotel on the tv. Great device.
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
  14. wafa510's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_CB View Post
    See? I told you that you would start recognizing the trolls.

    quebec88, welcome to the forum.
    Yes, this dude I definitely recognize as a troll...he is starting to annoy me!
    Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
    bungaboy likes this.
  15. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    647 Posts
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default Couldn't resist.

    Quote Originally Posted by quebec88 View Post
    Hi New to the forum. I just ordered last night a refurbished 64GB Playbook...
    Congrats! I gave in myself and ordered a 32gb this morning, arrives tomorrow
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
    jamesharmeling, DC506 and seamonky like this.
  16. crimsonking's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesharmeling View Post
    That's awesome. I hope you find as much use for it as I do on a daily basis. It's perfect for traveling. Load it up with a bunch of movies for the flights and hotel rooms. Get an hdmi cord for the hotel room TV and some bluetooth earbuds for a great entertainment combo.

    *And put a thousand albums, songs and artist in your media player!
    Just bought a 64 GB, would you recommend movies source to download from? I'm about to go on a long flight with both my little ones ...
    Last edited by crimsonking; 11-29-2012 at 10:43 PM.
  17. bambinoitaliano's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    23,037 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Welcome on board. Playbook is great with traveling. I usually load it up with tons of movies and tv series. Not to mention books and musics and games. I also use the airport WiFi instant messaging. And if you have friends and families with Playbooks, even better!
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
  18. bungaboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    11,443 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,447 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakamushi View Post
    You didn't open it ?

    Sell it quick before Xmas is over. Then get a Nexus 7 instead. You won't regret it.
    Why would he downgrade to a lesser quality tablet?
    Do those who protest the loudest or longest have a lock on the truth?
  19. quebec88's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Appreciate the responses! Yeah, I noticed the troll. Personally, I didn't want an Android tablet. I already have CM9 running on my Touchpad and I have a Droid Razr Maxx. I wanted something different and the PlayBook is just that. The PlayBook OS looks like it will be fun to use from the videos that I watched about it. It kinda reminds me of WebOS on the TouchPad.
  20. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,193 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,194 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #20  

    Default

    Welcome to Crackberry. The tips and tricks sticky is quite great place to start. Don't hesitate to ask for help (after a thorough search first), we are here for you.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    Thanked by:
    quebec88 (11-29-2012) 
  21. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,193 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,194 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quebec88 View Post
    Appreciate the responses! Yeah, I noticed the troll. Personally, I didn't want an Android tablet. I already have CM9 running on my Touchpad and I have a Droid Razr Maxx. I wanted something different and the PlayBook is just that. The PlayBook OS looks like it will be fun to use from the videos that I watched about it. It kinda reminds me of WebOS on the TouchPad.
    If all goes as planned, BB10 will come in about 6 months and enhance the experience.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  22. quebec88's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toodeurep View Post
    If all goes as planned, BB10 will come in about 6 months and enhance the experience.
    Will look forward to that, although the current OS will be new to me.
  23. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,934 Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #23  

    Default Couldn't resist.

    Welcome and congrats. Yes the PlayBook is a great travel sized tablet. And you'll get BlackBerry 10 in time for that cruise.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    quebec88 likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonking View Post
    Just bought a 64 GB, would you recommend movies source to download from? I'm about to go on a long flight with both my little ones ...
    Well, a number of people rip their own dvd's to mp4 format for use. Depending on your location, you can rent/purchase movies/tv from Rim's video store. Then there are the less than legal means!
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Well, a number of people rip their own dvd's to mp4 format for use. Depending on your location, you can rent/purchase movies/tv from Rim's video store. Then there are the less than legal means!
    What so ever do you mean?
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I couldn't resist any longer...lol.
    By bill97024 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 08:30 AM
  2. Couldn't sign on...getting the shakes!
    By CJH315 in forum Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 05:02 PM
  4. scratch resistant
    By DeadAim in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 10:09 PM
  5. Sorry, I couldn't find this with a forum search...
    By blzngflame in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions