Even at the same price you're better off getting it from Costco with their warranties, etc. Assuming you're already a member.
    04-09-11 01:14 PM
    Anyone know if this will be available (online) for costco as of midnight, or will sometime in the morning (say, regular business hours)?
    04-18-11 09:39 AM
    Costco usually adds a few extra accessories to devices. If they mark it down that'd be great but historically they haven't marked down specialty electronice but who knows anythings possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly. That's why I'm waiting for them to get the newly released Nikon D5100, rather than buying it elsewhere. Not only that, but I get to return the D3100 I bought recently, due to the 90-day return window. Costco FTW!! (the d3100 came with a camera bag, TWO lenses, and 4GB SD chip for just $729)
    04-18-11 09:42 AM
    Exactly. I will be going to Costco Sat for regular shopping. Will ask about the PB and pricing. If its true and they have it for $50 less I'll buy there on the 19th and then go down the street and get a refund on my pre-order from Best Buy. As a rule BB and FS do not match Costco and I'm not willing to waste PlayBook play time fighting with them. If Costco has it and its cheaper they win.

FS and BB do match FS price. I done it before.
    04-18-11 09:45 AM
    FS and BB do match FS price. I done it before.
    I guess it depends on which FS or BB you go to. When I worked at BB we did not match Costco prices.
    04-18-11 09:53 AM
    On the phone I asked about the prices with my local Costco Kiosk and he looked it up and then came back with the regular pricing.
    04-18-11 10:23 AM
    It does depend on the FS/BB location. I've had both the BestBuy & Future Shop in Kitchener match Costco pricing. Even after the Future Shop mentioned by a previous poster had moved from next to the Costco to another location.
    04-18-11 10:30 AM
    90 day return policy with Costco on all electronics.
    04-18-11 01:26 PM
    I just called costco in toronto and a nice lady searched their system for various combinations of blackberry playbook and said its not in the system. She said 1) since its not in the inventory system its very unlikely it will be in the store tomorrow, and 2) since its more of a wireless device than computer its very unlikely costco will have it in the main warehouse but the wireless booth may be carrying it. I didn't ask but as far as I know the wireless booth just leases floor space from costco and they are not under the same return policy as costco.... Back to futureshop.

04-18-11 02:15 PM
    Since Costco and the wireless booth (Car Toys founder's company) are both from Seattle where I live. I've put some emails out to find out if they will have it. The cell booth does have the same return policy as Costco.
    04-18-11 02:20 PM
    Called "Wireless Etc" (phone booth at costco) and they are supposed to be getting it tomorrow but its still not in inventory so they don't know when and how many and how much. Asked about their return policy for non-contract devices is the same as costco's on electronics (90 days)

04-18-11 02:21 PM
    I talked to a guy at the Costco mobile booth in AZ and he said they will NOT be carrying any tablet unless it is 3G capable.

I believe him because the wireless Xoom is out on an end cap, not at the mobile booth.

He did say soon after as the wireless Xoom came out, they discontinued the 3G model in his booth.
    04-18-11 02:23 PM
    Has anyone walked into a local Costco to see if the carry it?
    04-19-11 10:33 AM
    I just called my local Costco (Montreal) as well as one in Toronto. It's not yet available online OR at the store. You can "order" it at the cell kiosk (wireless etc) within costco, but they said they probably won't get it for about a week. The store in Toronto said they (Costco itself) expect to be getting it around May 16th.
    04-19-11 10:39 AM
    As I wrote elsewhere - no evidence in Seattle this morning.
    04-20-11 02:40 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD